I am here with a last-minute House Mouse entry for this fortnight. I had a lot of fun coloring up this celebratory little critter. I also used some fun Winnie & Walter stencils for their 5th Birthday Bash challenges.
I also am entering this in the current Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge where I was inspired by the balloons in Shay's card and the happy critters in each of the cards by Shay, Gayatri, and Heather!
I used several different background techniques for this card.
1. For the balloon background, I masked off the area over the image and stenciled using my new Distress Oxide ink pad in Tumbled Glass. Fun!!! Then I shaded the edges with regular Distress Ink in Broken China, a slightly deeper blue.
2. For the pink card background, I stenciled with the Winnie & Walter star stencil using Distress Oxide in Spun Sugar and heat embossed with clear powder. I was hoping for a subtle effect.....but it was TOO subtle!!! lol... Now I never feel overly constrained to "follow the rules" of craft techniques......so I purposely overcooked the embossing powder to make a narrow halo around each star....just enough to accent them. You don't usually want a halo like this, but I did for this application.
3. I wanted more stars, so I also stamped some coordinating stars on the pink with white pigment ink. As you know, pigment ink stays wet a long time......even when you wield your heat gun at it. That's why I usually like to heat emboss pigment ink. But I wanted a soft matte finish for these white stars. So after I blasted them and they were still tacky here and there on the margins, I went ahead and heat embossed them with clear powder. It still looks matte, but the edges have a tiny bit of gloss. I like it.
Supplies used include:
Stampendous - House Mouse Designs - Confetti Fun stamp
Versafine ink in Smokey Gray
Distress Markers for watercoloring
Winnie & Walter - Big Balloon Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Triangled Creative Screenings
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Classic Star Creative Screenings
Distress Oxides in Tumbled Glass and Spun Sugar
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Big Bang Confetti stamp set
Hero Arts - Unicorn White Pigment Ink
Clear embossing powder
Unity - "Hip Hip Hooray" (still trying to track down the Unity set this grab bag stamp came from.)
Canson - Mixed Media Paper Spiral Bound Notebook
Hope you like this happy card! Thank you for stopping by today.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. House-Mouse Challenge #285 - Anything Goes HM w/ opt. of Weather
2. Winnie & Walter - Masking with Stencils Challenge
3. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Layering Die Cuts Challenge (I layered the balloon tie over the balloon end...as is intended with this set!)
4. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 3+ Stamp Set Challenge (I used W&W, Stampendous, and Unity)
5. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - Customizing Die Cuts Challenge (I decorated up the balloon die cut)
6. Winnie & Walter Rerun #38 - Happy Dance
7. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - AG
8. Word-Art Wednesday Week #376-377 - AG
9. Hero Arts National Craft Month - Fave Coloring Medium (Hard to pick a fave, but I use Distress Markers a lot for coloring. I do love them!!)