Did you see the aperture card I posted the other day for the Butterfly Challenge? I had so much fun making it that I decided to do another one. I just love the look of this elegant design.
Winnie & Walter has a Masking with Stencils challenge as part of their 5th Birthday Bash, so I got out one my stencils for this card. I knew I was going to make a horizontal oval aperture, so I used the next size larger oval die to make a mask to put under the stencil for the front of the card. I did tone-on-tone embossing with clear embossing powder.
Did you notice I used some pretty rhinestone and pearl swirls? I usually shy away from these because I have trouble peeling them away from their acetate backing sheets without losing some of the rhinestones. But I suddenly had a great idea!!! (uh-oh....)
EASY WAY TO APPLY SWIRLS TO CARDS:
1. I placed the swirls still on their acetate on my card in the exact positions I wanted them and then put a piece of Glad Press 'n Seal over the top of the arrangement, pressing to adhere it to the swirls. (If I recall correctly, Jennifer McGuire's hubby invented this magical wrap!!)
2. Then I flipped over the piece of plastic with the swirls and gently peeled away the acetates. Voila!! It worked perfectly....no pearls or rhinestones lost! Peeling the acetates away from the swirls rather than the swirls away from the acetates is THE way to do it.
3. Then I flipped the plastic back over and carefully positioned it before pressing the swirls down onto my card. Oh, yay!!! It worked better than I could have ever dreamed!! I just had to share this with you. :)
For the inside, I used a larger oval from my set and masked the stencil again. This time I used Distress Ink in Shabby Shutters and didn't heat emboss.
Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: The Leaf Effect Creative Screenings
Clear Embossing Powder
Distress Ink - Shabby Shutters
K&Co. patterned paper
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Sticker and ribbon from my stash
It was fun playing with one of my stencils today and trying the masking technique. I need to do that more often!! Thank you so much for stopping by today.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter - Masking with Stencils Challenge
2. Winnie & Walter 5th Birthday Bash - 5 Challenge (I used 5 embellishments: 4 swirls + 1 bow)
3. Unstampabelles Challenge #86 - Bright and Cheerful
4. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Vintage/Past Times
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - AG
6. Word-Art Wednesday Week #376-377 - AG
7. All Sorts Week #508 - Spring Flowers
8. CARDZ-TV - Anything Goes Challenge #84
9. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper March Challenge