I am here with a card for this fortnight's Christmas Kickstart Challenge with the theme of Delectable Die-Cuts. As is my practice, I try to use neglected stamps (or in this case...dies) for my entries into this fun challenge blog of Jo's. So I pulled out a set of adorable winter bird dies that I've had for awhile but hadn't used yet.
This set is a good one for using scraps and that's exactly what I did. I love the fun layering pieces and the sassy accessories! Isn't Mr. Bird so dapper with the holly sprig in his hat......and so gentlemanly with a worm to offer to his belle?
|Can you see the tone-on-tone heat embossing I did on the background for wood-grain effect?|
Supplies used include:
Serendipity - Birdies dies
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Pink & Main Scallop Waves die set
Recollections - Woodgrain stamp (retired)
Clear embossing powder
Winnie & Walter - Big Hugs with Evelin T Designs die set
Winnie & Walter - Comfort + Joy stamp set (sentiment)
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Scraps of solid and glitter cardstock
Hope you liked this sweet card. The little birdies were a lot of fun....even though some of the pieces are eensy-teensy-tiny!! Thank you for stopping by today!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Christmas Kickstart Challenge #7 - Delectable Die-Cuts
2. Double Trouble Challenge #25 - Wood + Woodland Creature + Cupcake Inspiration Challenge (I did all three...YAY!!)
3. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday April Challenge - Wings, Tails &/or Spring Blossoms
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Animal Antics
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - AG Christmas
6. Crimbo Crackers Challenge #181 - AG Christmas
7. Christmas Crafts All Year Long April Challenge - Family and Friends
8. Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #467 - Woodland Creatures