Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Heartfelt Thanks

Hi, Friends......

I am here with a card to share that I made as a Thank You for a gal who has been on the volunteer staff with me at our local crisis pregnancy center. Family health concerns are making it necessary for her to step down. We are having a farewell luncheon for her and I was asked to make a card.

Simon Says STAMPtember has a collaboration challenge with Gina K Designs so I got out a previously uninked layering stamp set to try out. This is my first attempt at using a layering set this intricate and I am not quite sure I got things really lined up correctly, but I am satisfied with the result for my first go round with it. 


I stamped the roses on one of my leftover Easter egg dye backgrounds. I really love the effect of this. I used a sentiment from a retired Inspired by Stamping set. I added a few dew drops to finish everything off.


Supplies used include:
Gina K. Designs - Old Country Roses stamp set
Distress Inks for flowers and leaves
Inspired by Stamping - Graceful Hydrangea stamp set (retired)
Versafine ink in Onyx Black for sentiment
Canson - Mixed Media Paper for leftover Easter egg dye background
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Studio Katia - Clear Round Drops Mix
Core'dinations/Darice Cardstock

Hope you liked my pretty rose card and I hope my friend does, too! Thank you so much for stopping by today.

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says STAMPtember Gina K Designs Collaboration Challenge
2. Craft Stamper TIMI September Challenge - AG with Stamping
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp It
4.
Papercraft Challenges #45 Handmade/Stamped Flowers 
5. TCP Tuesday September challenge, use layers (I layered ink this time.)
6. Through the Craft Room Door (week of 9/10) - Anything Goes
7. Power Poppy Creative Confetti - Out of the Ordinary Background (I used leftover Easter egg dye.)
8. Love to Scrap September Challenge - AG
9. DL.ART September Linky Challenge
10. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #404-405 - AG
11. STAMPlorations CAS Challenge

12. STAMPlorations summer theme and sketch, AG with stamps

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and stamps love the watercolour effect.Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally stunning Fabulous technique ...Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a beautiful card.Thanks for joining us at papercraft-challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What?? How did I miss seeing this gorgeous card before today? I saw that you were a top pick at the Craft Stamper blog and clicked on your name to see which card it was. This is so beautiful, with the the layered roses and that water-colory (not a word, but you know what I mean) dye background. The dew drops really finish it off beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis