I am here with a sweet little kitty birthday card I made for my granddaughter. She's nine now.....how did that happen???!!!
I am using an adorable set from Clearly Besotted that the loveable Di Wray sent to me awhile back. (THANKS, Di!!) I will enter this card in the Simon Says STAMPtember Clearly Besotted Collaboration Challenge.
I wanted to put a party hat on this festive feline, so I masked the kitty and stamped the hat. The problem was that the hat is an old wood mount stamp, so I was kind of flying blind on where to stamp. I practiced and practiced on scratch paper (heh!) and finally gave it a go on this piece of leftover Easter Egg dye background. I put an oval mask over the kitty and stenciled the background with Distress Inks, using the same inks to watercolor the kitty. I added a MFT sentiment and some Pretty Pink Posh sequins...and even put a bit of glitter on the pompom of the party hat. Sweet!
Supplies used include:
Clearly Besotted - You are Purrfect stamp set
My Favorite Things - Cat-itude stamp set
Party Hat stamp from stash
Tsukineko - Memento Ink
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Triangled Creative Screenings
Pretty Pink Posh - Sparkling Clear Mix sequins
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Canson -140 lb XL Watercolor Pad
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock
Hope you enjoyed this sweet card. Are you getting all ready for fall at your house? We have freezing temps and SNOW predicted for this weekend....(this is early for snow even for Idaho!!).....so I picked everything out of my garden and we got our two plum trees harvested. So I have been knee-deep in fruit and veggies to take care of.
Thank you for stopping by today!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says STAMPtember Clearly Besotted Collaboration Challenge
2. Simon Says STAMPtember Pretty Pink Posh Collaboration Challenge - I used PPP sequins
3. MFT September Birthday Challenge - Add a Cat &/or Dog
4. Kat Scrappiness September Challenge - Sequins/Sprinkles
5. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #177 - For a Lady/Girl
6. SUYP Challenge #46 - Furry Thing Goes
7. DL.ART September Linky Challenge
8. Word Art Wednesday Challenge Weeks #406-#407
9. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #99
10. Papercraft Challenges #46 - No Designer Paper
11. SSS Monday Challenge - Real or Faux Stitching
12. SSS Work It Wednesday, Celebrate
13. Creative Fingers Challenge #171 - AG
14. Dare2BArtzy September Challenge - Your Favorite Color (I love ALL colors, but pink and purple are some of the top ones.)
15. STAMPlorations summer theme and sketch, AG with stamps
16. STAMPlorations Summer Mixed Media Challenge