Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Wishing You a Purr-fect Day



Hi, Friends........

Are you keeping an eye on my sponsor list on the sidebar for the 2019 Cat Lovers Hop coming up right here Oct. 21-26? It's going to be another fantastic hop....can't wait!!!

Simon Says Stamp is having their awesome STAMPtember collaboration challenges and Newton's Nook is one of the featured companies. Don't you just love every single one of Jen's amazing sets??? My faves are the ones with Newton, of course!! I hardly ever play with Newton sets so it was fun last week getting them inked up.

For this card, I used the current MFT Color Challenge. Isn't this color combo gorgeous???!!!


Yep.....it's Newton again! This time he is a mischievous white kitty. I almost always color him orange, because the real-life Newton is an orange tabby, but I took artistic license with him this time.

And.....I actually did some MASKING!!! You rarely see me use this technique because I don't like fussy cutting...but this was a very simple image to cut out. I combined two different Newton sets...the loose ball of yarn is actually from a different set than the basket of yarn. I think it works, although it is a bit smaller.


Supplies used include:
Newton's Nook Designs - Baskets of Wishes stamp set
Newton's Nook Designs - Newton's Antics stamp set
Tsukineko - Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
M&C Boutique - Large Circle Frame die set
Darice - Paw Prints embossing folder
Lawn Fawn sequins - I picked out the turquoise ones from a Christmas mix
Cardstock scraps from my stash

Hope you liked this fun card today! Thank you for stopping by.

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFT Color Challenge #124
2. Simon Says Stamp - Newton's Nook STAMPtember Collaboration
3. Penny Black and More September Challenge - Animals
4. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It
5. Love to Scrap September challenge, AG
6. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Stamp It
7. TCP Tuesday September challenge, use layers
8. SUYP Challenge #46 - Furry Thing Goes
9. Double D Challenge - Photo Inspiration (I was inspired by the round shape of the umbrellas and the sweet critters)

10. STAMPlorations summer theme and sketch, AG with stamps

11 comments:

  1. Oh, adorable design and your masking the two different stamps sets looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super CUTE kitty card, and I hope he won't unravel that yarn lol...thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cute image and great masking -love the embossed paw print background too
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really sweet creation with the fun image, perfect for our 'Animals' theme at Penny Black and More challenge, thanks so much for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that is super cute. I love the off-set design. Newtons are one of my faves :-)
    LUV that cat meme - it made me chuckle. Just like when I was trying to do my crochet the other day hahahaha
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute design and I like the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janis just popping back to say-Thank you for joining us at Love to Scrap
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this is so cute Janis! Love your design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘FEATURED’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boo! Hope you don't fall off your chair as I pop back in from outer space. : ) I love the off-the-page circle and the light blue shading on 'Newton-that;s-not-Newton'! Also neat to see the sponsor list... I'm REALLY hoping I can get myself together by then!!! TTFN

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis