Sunday, January 19, 2020

Babushka Doll Birthday Card & Tag


Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a sweet and simple card and tag set I made for a young girl's birthday. In my "partially made cards and idea box" I found some scraps of this Babushka Doll (also called Matryoshka Dolls) patterned paper from an old MAMBI stack that I had previously paired up with this aqua and pink paper. It was time to make the card. I had a couple extra dolls from these scraps so I made a tag to go with the card.





I mostly always diecut a tag shape out of the lower layers of cardstock on my cards that will be obscured by the upper layers. It saves on weight and bulk and I get a free tag.....(which I rarely use!!! Ha.) This time I knew I would use it with one of the spare dolls.


I dry embossed the backgrounds of both the card and the tag. I forgot to gently mist the card background beforehand and some of the design cracked here and there. No matter......I sanded the entire thing to make everything match the white "broken" places. Yay....I love easy fixes!!

The wee sentiment on the tag is from a precious little CTMH set Karen Ladd sent me a year or more ago. (THANKS, Karen!!) It has been on my craft desk to use numerous times since then, but I am so bad to just now be finally getting it inked up. I love the tiny sentiments....just perfect for this tag.



Supplies used include:
Dolls fussy cut from old MAMBI scrap
Tag sentiment: Close to my Heart - A Little Love Petite Perks (retired)
Card sentiment:
Lawn Fawn - Hang in There stamp set
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Sizzix - TH Texture Fades - Sparkles embossing folder used for card
Darice - Birthday with Dots embossing folder used for tag
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Scrap of DCWV aqua cardstock
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock
Ribbon from stash

Hope you liked this sweet little set. I love these dolls....so adorable! Thank you so much for stopping by today.

🖤
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. All Sorts Week #555 - More than One Word Sentiment
2. TCP January Challenge #364 - Spring Forward
3. DL.ART January Linky Challenge - AG
4. Crafty Calendar January Challenge - Add a Tag
5. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #422-423 - Anything Goes
6. Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #248 - AG
7. Creative Inspirations January Challenge - Something New or Something Old (I used some very patterned paper.)
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper January Challenge
9. As You Like It - Anything Goes
10. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #106

17 comments:

  1. What a really bright and happy creation, perfect for our >more than a Word' theme at Allsorts challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card and tag with these dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so pretty. I've always like these dolls. The cat picture cracks me up. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute your card, Janis! Beautiful dolls!
    The winner of my HM prize has been announced on my blog. Please visit to see if you are the winner. Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.... Really adorable card and tag! The little girl surely will love them! Love the blue embossed background and you have had a clever idea to save it! :D Well done!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card with the pretty dolls and loving the pastel colors. The kittens are such sweeties too! Love seeing cat memes! They always make me smile!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card and lovely colours thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar challenge hugs Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute design with the beautifully coloured Matroska dolls.

    Thank you so much for sharing in our first challenge of the new decade, and good luck!

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so cute. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty. Thanks for joining us over at Crafty Cardmakers....hope to see you again. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww, this is an adorable card and a great use for that patterned paper. Making a matching tag is always a great idea...and now you'll need to find a gift to go with the tag, haha! So happy to see that you were able to use that tiny sentiment on the tag too. I have been using a lot of small sentiments lately on my cards because they can fit into the small spaces around an image and are especially handy for tags.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dolls. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers ATG challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful art, Janis. My SIL is Russian, and she gave me a set of these beautiful dolls when she first moved to America. Thanks for playing along with us. Hope you're having a blessed week.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your nesting kitties look like my baby boy, JB!
    Lovely card and tag.
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute card and tag, love the colours.
    Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis