Sunday, January 26, 2020

January Rudolph Days - Three Kings Double Embossed



Hi, Friends......

I am here with another Three Kings card to share that I made from this new set I just received as a prize from STAMPlorations. I am entering this one in Scrappy Mo's first Rudolph Days of 2020. Yay!! I used one of my backgrounds made from scraps of patterned and solid paper, which I am now calling my "Strips-o'-Scraps" backgrounds! lol...

I double embossed the background...first with an embossing folder and then with gold embossing powder. Love the rich effect. Perfect for my Magi. I also spattered the background and sentiment panel with some Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray in Bronze. The splatters actually look gold with a green halo....which worked great for this color palette.





I used the Power Poppy Creative Confetti Sketch as inspiration for this card:










Supplies used include:
STAMPlorations - Three Kings by The Bee's Knees stamp set
Gold and Maroon embossing powders from my stash
Versamark ink
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock
Lots of scraps for my "Strips-o'-Scraps" Background
Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray in Bronze

Hope you liked this card. Be sure to join us in the Rudolph Days fun at Scrappy Mo's!! If you don't miss a month, you are eligible for a special drawing at the end of the year!! So get started now. Thanks so much for stopping by!!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Scrappy Mo's January Rudolph Days
2. Power Poppy Creative Confetti Sketch
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge
4. Papercraft-Challenge #54 - Use at least 2 Designer Papers
5. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #422-423 - Anything Goes
6. ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes
7. Die-Cut Divas January Challenge - New Things (I used a new stamp set.)
8. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #370 - Use Snippets
9 STAMPlorations Theme and Prompt January Challenge - Stamps + Splatters

10. STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge

21 comments:

  1. Like it? Love it! It is a beautiful card, Janis! Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Such amazing card, with a fabulous gorgeous look! Love you double embossing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous embossing, Janis. What a stunning card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to double emboss in this way and it gives such a striking background for your beautiful Magi!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! I love your Strips-o-scraps background. I have been making some like that too only I placed them on the angle. Then I realized that I would have to piece the longer strips...oooops!


    Great card and thanks for taking part in the January Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful. I like the double embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the traditional colours on this gorgeous card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! The embossed Background looks great on the patterned Paper. Thanks for joining us at Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I love the Cat memes on your blog! It´s so funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the rich colours, Janis! The splatters are a wonderful addition to your card. I too found that copper sometimes can look like gold with a green halo. it's perfect for your card. thanks so much for playing along at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, meant to say Theme & Photo Prompt challenge. Think I might need another cup of coffee to get my brain into gear. ;)

      Delete
  11. Wonderful card, great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rich gold embossing looks fab and makes the perfect background for your kings.
    Thanks for sharing at STAMPlorations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. The double embossing in gold really pops with dimension, wow, a fantastic Christmas card! Thank you so much for play8ing along with the Rudolph Days challenge.
    Linda
    Rudoolph Days challenge DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our January challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how sumptuous this is Janis! Love, love, love it! The double embossing is genius.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the double embossing . Great idea and looks really fabulous. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is very artistic The color is laid perfectly ...........Lis

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful christmas card, wonderful colours. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope we see you back again next month!
    Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  19. That double embossing makes your background look like a gorgeous metallic filigree, wow! Your embossing folder is really suited to this technique and the circular shape of the embossing contrasts so nicely with the straight lines of the kings image. Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis