Saturday, January 18, 2020

XOXO - Masculine Valentine


Hi, Friends......

I am here with a rather CAS masculine valentine that was inspired by the current MFT Color Challenge palette:


I also used the Tuesday Morning Sketch which I elongated vertically for my card.

I don't know if you can see the swirling stitched details of this lovely die I used or not. The die was a prize from the lovely Susan Hogan of Unstampabelles. (THANKS, Susan!!!) I have another card made with the same die that I will show you soon where the graceful flourishes are more obvious.

I stamped the little tag with an ancient stamp from my stash. Not sure if I or one of my kids picked this up in a grab bag of thrift store stamps or what, but it has been around for a long time and rarely gets used. It was perfect to put on this small tag.


Just a touch of pink and a dark grey card base for the challenge palette!  :)
Supplies used include:
Poppystamps - Heart Breeze die
XOXO stamp from stash
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Shimmery metallic faux raffia from my stash
DCWV scrap
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock

Hope you liked this valentine. I think the grays and deep red make it great for a man. Thank you so much for stopping by!!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFT Color Challenge #133
2. Tuesday Morning Sketch #537
3. Poppystamps January Challenge #64 - From the Heart
4. DL.ART January Linky Challenge - AG
5. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #422-423 - Anything Goes
6. Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #248 - AG
7. Creative Inspirations January Challenge - Something New or Something Old (I used a very old stamp.)
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper January Challenge
9. As You Like It - Anything Goes
10. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #106
11. Crafty Calendar January Challenge - Add a Tag
12. STAMPlorations January CAS Challenge w/ opt. Metallic (I used some shimmery metallic faux raffia.)


13. Cards und More Challenge #44 - Best of 2019 Challenges (I chose Feb 2019 - Someone Special)



18 comments:

  1. Great masculine Valentine card and I can see the swirls-love the cat cartoon-very true lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's perfect for a male and so lovely too!! Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous card Janis. I hope you will come play in our Masculine Challenge :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xo =^..^=

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Men's cards are soooo hard, especially for a valentine. I like the muted colours you have used on this card, perfect for a man. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers this time.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card! Love the swirly die!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful masculine Valentine card design with these colors and I like the Heart Breeze die.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card! Love the colours, design, hearts and kisses. Thank you for playing along at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Valentine card, Janis, perfect for a man. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    (Visiting your blog today with my DT hat on.) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. so nice card!
    thank you for joining our challenge over at Cards und More!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card!

    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the perfect masculine Valentine card but it would work for anyone as well. I just love that Poppystamps die with the subtle but lovely design. Dies that cut a pattern into the card base and don't involve too much intricate gluing is always a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great design. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the challenge, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card and I love the kitty joke at the top. It's so true too!
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card design.
    Thanks for joining us at Poppystamps Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, I love the image with the cats on the top of your post.
    Thanks so much for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love the sprinkle of hearts and the clean design!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis