Thursday, January 23, 2020

Colorful Three Kings


Hi, Friends.....

I just received this fabulous STAMPlorations - Three Kings stamp set as a prize. (THANKS, Shery!) I rarely tear into a new stamp set right after receiving it, but I love this one so much that I had to!!  :)  I was playing with my artsy backgrounds and chose a particularly colorful one to do some simple line stamping of these Magi. This piece was leftover from a sprayed background I made for this Laurel Burch card.

My starry background was one I made a few months ago when I was using gesso for this project. I had some leftover that I didn't want to throw away.....so I splattered it over several colors of dark cardstock. This is one of the black ones. I added a sprinkling of gold star confetti to the sky, also.



Supplies used include:
STAMPlorations - Three Kings by The Bee's Knees stamp set
Versafine ink in Onyx Black
Leftover backgrounds from my stash....one sprayed with different colors of Dylusions sprays and one splattered with gesso
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set (for background panel)
Gold star confetti from my stash
Core'dinations/Darice solid cardstock

Thank you for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed my artsy and non-traditional colored Christmas card. I liked this one so much that I made two of them to get my stash replenished for next Christmas!

🖤
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. ABC Christmas Challenge - A is for Anything Goes
2. DL.ART January Linky Challenge - AG
3. Kat Scrappiness January Challenge - No Designer Paper
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #473 - AG Christmas
5. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #422-423 - Anything Goes
6. Moving Along With The Times - All Things New (I used a new stamp set.)
7. Creative Inspirations January Challenge - Something New or Something Old
(I used a new stamp set.)
8. Crafty Cardmakers Challenge #248 - AG
9. Ike's World Challenge #128 - M is for Male
10. Die-Cut Divas January Challenge - New Things
11. Lost Coast Challenge #91 - Walk of Fame (Real or Fictional Famous People)

12. STAMPlorations Theme and Prompt January Challenge - Stamps + Splatters

13. STAMPlorations Never-ending Anything Goes Challenge

19 comments:

  1. Oh, this is fabulous!! So artistry and vibrant! Love your starry night and the image stamped on the sprayed paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card, Janis. Looks like you are making a good start on your Christmas cards for December 2020. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card and I love the kitty meme :-) Thank you for playing at IKEsWORLD Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x
    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Janis. Congrats on winning this stamp. It's one I like very much. The background is awesome and the bright colours you used on your wise men are gorgeous and give a really magical feel to this card. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. That kitty card at the top had me in stitches!

    Your gorgeous three kings card is just stunning. I love the fabulous dimension you have created on the kings themselves.

    Thank you so much for sharing in our first challenge of the new decade, and good luck!

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This post has everything going for it. Hilarious cat card up top, beautiful night sky background, lovely stamped image and an artsy, spectacular design that had me oohing and aahing! This modern CAS image of the three kings really lends itself to a unique treatment and you just nailed it Janis. I love the glowing colors against that dark background and will have to experiment with making a starry sky like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! Great warm and vivid colors!!!!!!! Thank you for joining the Kat Scrappiness No Designer Paper Challenge! - DT Meghan Kennihan (MadeByMeghanK)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The wise cats are hilarious! Love your splattered sky too, very effective. Thanks for playing with us at STAMPlorations Theme & Photo Prompt challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Cardmakers ATG challenge.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are gorgeous, Janis! I llllllllove the wise cats and your beautiful backgrounds. Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. the starry background is perfect for these colorful kings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautifully done!! Thanks for playing along our January challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! I love the background and the colourful kings. Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is too cute! Awesome stamp set and fabulous background! Thanks for playing with us at Ike's World Challenges this month! Nan, DT for Ike's World Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Janis
    Love the colours.
    Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that made me gigle but I did appreciate the fact that thankfully it was dead birds and not a half dead snake. Thank you for taking the time to join in with our challenge and sharing your creativity with us, I love to see your talent, creativity and imagination at work. I hope to see more of your creativity in the near future. Love 'n' hugs Sall IkesWorld Challenges DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loved the first image of the three wise cats. Super card with artsy background!
    Thank you for sharing with IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Susan
    DT for IKE'S WORLD Challenges!
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis