Thursday, November 12, 2015

A Very Merry Christmas - Frosty Festivities



Here's a fun cat article link about cats with jobs:




Hi, Friends.....

I am back with a little set of cards I made, inspired by Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015 project here.  I was super-inspired by the creative suggestion of using a busy print on the lower half of a project and plain paper on the upper half.


So I used scraps of DCWV papers and a band of green velveteen ribbon for my half and half cards with a classic Christmas look.  






The sentiment panel is diecut with Sizzix - Fancy Labels Dies and stamped with an ancient Christmas stamp my hubby gave me over 25 years ago and is still one of my main go-to Christmas sentiment stamps.  <3  <3  <3

I did a bit of subtle background stamping on the panels, too, with my JustRite - Friendship Blooms stamp set, using Distress Ink - Antique Linen.  The sentiment is stamped in Versafine - Olympia Green.  I also inked around the panels with Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy and 

I used an ancient pair of decorative corner scissors to echo the fancy die cut sentiment panel.  I couldn't choose which color of pearls to use, so I tried white, Le Creme, and green.  I think I like the green the best.  Which is your favorite?

That's all for this project.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you will drop over to Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015 and join in for lots of fun and inspiration and a chance at prizes, too!!  :)

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this set of cards in the following challenges:
1.  Jennifer Grace's Frosted Festivities 2015
2.  Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 202
3.  Craft Rocket Challenge #3 - Pearls/Gems
4.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge 209 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
5.  The Paper Girls Challenge #91 - Stamps
6.  Southern Ridge Trading Co. November Challenge - Christmas
7.  Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday Linky Party
8.  Mod Squad Challenge - LCA - Use Pearl &/or Silver
9.  Crop Stop Linky Party #10 - Anything Goes using a brand CS sells  ( I used Sizzix and Ranger Distress Ink)
10. Scrapy Land Challenge #29 - Anything Goes using any brand of die they sell (I used Sizzix)

17 comments:

  1. Such classic creations Janis! Love this gorgeous set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely traditional cards, thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing set! And so easy!

    I like the dark green pearls the best, but they all work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janis , So glad you joined us with this beautiful Christmas card .....Lis Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this very much and the stamping on the cardstock was a super idea. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 209th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cat in the tree. Very beautiful card and love the beautiful font on the sentiment. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Scrapyland challenge and look forward seeing your next beautiful card with us again. Nancy Hill, Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOps, I got the spelling of Janis mixed up with Janice - sorry Janis!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the half-n-half look on your cards! I am going to have to give that a try! Your paper and ribblon is gorgeous and the die you used for the sentiment works perfectly! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #29!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Delightful Christmas Card! Thank you for joining the Word Art Wednesday challenge # 209! Ginny DT WAW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty papers and a lovely design! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun set of festive cards in the traditional Christmas red and green. You know how much I love vintage designs so these just warm my heart. The subtle background stamping on your die cut label adds to that old fashioned cheer and the green velveteen ribbon couldn't be more perfect! I like the green pearls best as well, but they all look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Forgot to say that I am getting a big giggle out of your Christmas Cat funnies and will be checking out the cat with jobs link as soon as I finish leaving comments! Why are the bottoms of cat paws so darn cute, even when they're being naughty?

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic card set you have created. Thanks for joining our challenge on the Southern Ridge Trading Company blog.
    Katelyn - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cat image! I totally can relate being a cat owner, lol! I also love your cards! Perfect for the holiday! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look brilliant - very 'classic Christmas'! I love the subtle background stamping. Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis