Tuesday, November 24, 2015

My Granddaughter's Christmas Village

A cat village in St. Julians,  Malta.

Hi, Friends......

All my posts for a few days will be shorter than usual because the fan on my laptop died and I can only be on for a brief time without it seriously overheating!!!  I guess my screamin', steamin' blog was too much for my poor overworked fan. Ha!

I am posting a fun little project that my 5 year old granddaughter made with a bit of coaching from me.  It is a little Christmas Village inspired by Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivity kids craft idea here.  Little Peach had sooooooooooo much fun making this.  She generally has the attention span of a flea, but this kept her occupied for hours over a span of several days!  (Grandma needs to remember this!!!)










This is the first time I've let her paint with temperas.  She had a blast.  Kept this very busy and active little gal occupied longer than I would ever have imagined.  




 I knew those toilet paper tubes I had been saving lately would come in handy!









The roofs were circles cut from patterned cardstock she selected from my stash.




Oh, joy!  Oh, delight!!!  Is there anything more fun than playing with fabulous, shiny, sparkly glitter????  She actually did quite a good job of keeping it contained....considering that glitter is one of the most UN-containable substances in the universe!  :)  Of course, peeling the dried glue off of her fingers was almost as much fun as the glitter, itself.




So proud of her little village.  She has had a ton of fun playing with it, too!



And.....for the grand reveal.....


All lit up with those little battery powered tea lights..........MAGICAL!!!
Do these look like psychedelic mushrooms to anyone else besides me?

Super-fun craft!  A big thanks to Jennifer Grace and her Frosty Festivities for this idea!!!

Thanks for visiting.  I'll be back later with some cards I have been making......after my computer cools down!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering my granddaughter's Christmas Village in the following challenge:
1. Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015 Link-Up

5 comments:

  1. Awww, how cute she is and a born artist, love her cute small village:))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You are so brave to give her loose glitter because even I would be hard pressed to do that with my own 5 year old grand-daughter. She looks so adorable, and so proud showing off her little village, and they look magical with the tea lights inside of them. I had hoped to do one of these villages too but ended up cutting mine from cardboard and then not getting a photo taken for the challenge. Oh well, now I know that I can use an Exacto knife, so it was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing, I am so glad she had so much fun, and managed to keep the glitter relatively contained! My kids are still playing with their houses, so they were well worth making here too. Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis