Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Decorating the Tree - Frosty Festivities


Decorating or UN-decorating????


Hi, Friends......

Quick post here since the fan on my laptop is dead and I can only be on for brief periods before it overheats.  (Kinda amazing how much more I am getting done around the house!!  Ha.)



I have another card I made for Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015.  This was inspired by her post here.  I ran with the idea of a line of trees.....but mine are progressively decorated.  :)





The tree and decorations are two different stamps that have been in my stash for so long that I have no idea what company they are made by or where they even came from!!!  Eeek!


I used scraps from my stash for the red and green panels and heat embossed the images and sentiment.  A little bling added just the right festive touch.



I better shut things down before my computer fries itself permanently onto my craft table!  Yikes!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.   Jennifer Grace's Frosty Festivities 2015 Link-Up
2.   Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #204 - Use Snippets
3.   Make My Monday Challenge - Oh Christmas Tree
4.   Flonzcraft Challenge #38 - Traditional Christmas
5.   Craftin Desert Divas Craft it Up Link it Up Christmas Linky
6.   Penny Black All Sorts November Challenge - Anything Christmas
7.   Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sparkle, Bling, & Embellish
8.   Craft Rocket Challenge #4 - Add a Sentiment
9.   Wow! Embossing Powder November Challenge - Anything Goes with Heat Embossing
10. DL.Art November Linky Challenge - Anything Goes
11 .Cards in Envy - Use Some Extra Layers
12. Craft Stamper Take It & Make It November Challenge - Take a Stamp
13. Little Scrap Pieces Show-It-Off-Saturday Linky Party
14. Power Poppy Power & Spark November Challenge - Embellish This
15. One Crazy Stamper November Challenge - Christmas/Winter
16. Stamping Sensations November Challenge - Festive Florals and Foliage

18 comments:

  1. ... beautiful christmas card !
    Thanks for joining us in the Craft Stamper Challenge!

    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Janis! I love those trees - naked to fully dressed for Christmas :)

    Hope you get that laptop fan sorted out. Failng that I can send Parsnip over to constantly blow into the laptop for you :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the texture and the gold elements in your holiday card. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy this week for our Layers challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Multiple trees all glittered up Just like my house next month ........TFS Craft
    Rocket Challenges Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super Christmas card Janis and super texture on the trees with the embossing.

    Many thanks for joining us at FlonzCraft and Penny Black and More challenges. Your card would also fit in very nicely at Stamping Sensations

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful so sparkly- I am playing comment catch up I had a show last weekend so I was busy preparing for it. I'm back now. I missed out on so many of your lovely projects.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes NOVEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love the traditional colours and the decorated trees look very festive! thank you so much for playing along with us at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours and what a great idea to show the 3 stages of Christmas Tree bling :)
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge.
    Katrina x

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cheerful and sparkly and great embellishing!! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea, and what better Festive Foliage than a Christmas tree! Thank you for sharing your fab card with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mirrored patterned paper is great with your progressively decorated tree! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card, perfect for the season!! :) Thanks for playing along in this months challenge over at One Crazy Stamper. Merry Christmas! :)
    Natalie M -- DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the progression of your Christmas tree on this card. Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for joining Stamping Sensations with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, I have been admiring this card on several challenge blogs for over a week but I have to ask if you made the 2nd panel by stamping the bare tree, and then over-stamping and embossing? This is such a clever idea to show the tree decorating progression that I'm going to have to figure out a way to do this myself! Each tree looks beautiful just on its own!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty! Love the embossing!! Thanks for linking up at Craftin desert Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, I love the idea of them being progressively decorated! Fantastic! Thank you so much for joining in with Frosty Festivities 2015! x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis