Thursday, November 19, 2015

In Sympathy....




Hi, Friends.....

I am here with a sympathy card I was asked to make a while back and hadn't ever posted.  It was for a gentleman in our community who had lost two close family members in a short period of time.  I made it big enough so it could be passed around at church for anyone to sign that wished to send heartfelt messages.


I used a large panel from an old DCWV Photo stack and cut it into three pieces for a window effect.  The sentiment panel and mat beneath are scraps that I die cut with my Sizzix - Fancy Labels Dies set. I used Core'dinations cardstock for the mat so I could dry emboss it (Darice - Interlocking Circles folder) and sand it to bring out the design.  The sentiment is from my Verve - Scripture Medley 2 stamp set.




It was a challenge to use ribbon on the card and still look appropriate for a man.  I layered my blue raffia (before I was down to my last scrap!) over some sheer brown ribbon to help it not get lost amongst the busy print.  I was pleased with the look for a masculine card.  What do you think?


The ribbon was wrapped completely around the card front and covered on the inside with a blue liner with lots of room for writing greetings.  I really like how the card turned out.




That's all for right now.  I hope to be back later with some more cards.  See you then..........

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  The Male Room Challenge #23 - Remembrance or Sympathy
2.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #210 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
3.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #203 - Use Snippets
4.  Country View Challenge # 33 - November - The Color Blue
5.  Crop Stop November Challenge - Anything Goes + Use a brand CS carries (I used Core'dinations and Sizzix)
6.  Crafty Gals Corner Challenge #46 - Use Scraps
7.  Craft Rocket Challenge #4 - Add a Sentiment

13 comments:

  1. You created a beautiful sympathy card! I am sure it was treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely masculine card, I hope it was well received, the sentiment is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket, Claire DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect sympathy card for a man Janis - clever how you incorporated ribbon and raffia and kept the masculine feel. Love that it's a view through a window too.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful and heartfelt sentiment!! Love the papers too! :) Thanks for playing along with us in The Male Room! – Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki* - November Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card for the gentleman. Im sure the wonderful card and messages from you all were very encouraging for him :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did make a beautiful card TFS Craft Rocket ch ...Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. your card is very nice
    have a great day
    hugs
    >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this card is just amazing. Wonderful image, great texture with the ribbon treatment and the words are perfect. I think it must have been much appreicated. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a GREAT way to use that photo-realistic DCWV paper, wow! It really does look like a beautiful winter scene through the window and your embossed die cut label is gorgeous too. The pale blue with deep brown is such a wonderful color combo and the sentiment is perfect for a sympathy card. Even your blue raffia is exactly the right embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are always the hardest cards to make. You did a wonderful job and how thoughtful to make it large enough for many signatures. Very elegant!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Gals Corner.
    ♥ Lena - DT
    Lena’s Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely make - great use of those dies - Thanks so much for joining us at CVC this month and good luck in the draw! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I'm sure he appreciated this thoughtful card! Thanks for sharing at Crafty Gals Corner. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is a wonderful idea, I love the background image, I think it works perfectly for a Sympathy card. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your card with us at The Male Room.
    Chris (DT).

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis