I am here with a purple monochromatic card I was asked to make for someone who loves purple. A deer trophy mount might not seem the normal thing to put on a lady card, but she also is a deer hunter...so I think it works.
I wanted to add something to the solid background, so I stamped a woodgrain pattern and then tore the edges. I like how the ink from the stamping penetrated the fibers of the paper and you can see the grain on the torn parts.
The doily got a little bit lost against that dark background, so I cut a white circle to lay underneath it to highlight the deer head. The rhinestones and scalloped panel add a feminine touch to counteract the masculine motifs.
Supplies used include:
The Craft's Meow - Rustic Greetings stamp set (retired)
Versafine ink in Imperial Purple
Recollections - Woodgrain stamp (retired)
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Doodlebug - Mini Doilies
Scraps of DCWV paper and white cardstock
Distress Ink for smooshing
Rhinestones from stash
Darice/Core'dinations solid cardstock
Hope you liked this card with its interesting mix of motifs and embellishments. Thank you for stopping by.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. TCP Tuesday September challenge, use layers
2. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #404-405 - AG
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Monochrome
4. Papercraft Challenges #46 - No Designer Paper
5. Power Poppy Creative Confetti - Out of the Ordinary Background (I stamped and tore the edges of my background for a rustic effect.)
6. House that Stamps Built DCC-S419 - Begins with B (I used a buck.)
7. Penny Black and More September Challenge - Animals
8. Creative Crafters Challenge #20 - AG
9. Dare2BArtzy September Challenge - Your Favorite Color (I love ALL colors, but purple is one of my top faves.)
10. STAMPlorations Summer Theme and Sketch, AG with stamps