Friday, July 22, 2022

Big Gold Snowflake - Christmas in July

 


 

Hi, Friends.....

I'm back with another Christmas in July card using things from my Christmas stash.  This time I pulled out an old package of dollar store gold colored snowflake ornaments.  These are huge and shiny and gaudy.....and I LOVE them!!!  lol....  As big as they are, they are not overly dimensional and so they actually mail quite well.  I made several of these cards

As you can see, I used one of my "Strips-o'-Scraps" backgrounds which I dry embossed and then rubbed on some Walnut Stain Distress Ink with a sponge dauber to make the pattern show up better.

I also pulled out from my box a package of Noel rub-ons for the sentiments.  I have only used rub-ons maybe one or two times ever, so I didn't really know what I was doing.  This package was several years old, so I wasn't sure if they would work....but most of them did.  Yay!!  The ones that didn't transfer completely, I was able to fill in with a fine black marker.....which worked beautifully!  Yay!!


Supplies used include:
Scraps from stash for my background
Dollar Store gold ornament
Rub-on sentiment from stash
Hope you liked my card.  Thank you so much for stopping by today!!


Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #553-554 - AG
2. Creative Fingers Challenge #236 - AG
3.
DL.Art July Linky Challenge
4. Christmas Craft Creations July Challenge - Patterned Paper 










5. ABC Christmas challenge - O is for Old (Everything I used on this card was old!  lol...)
6. Papercraft Challenges Challenge #84 - Christmas in July

7.
Ally's Angels Challenge #60 - AG
8. Double Trouble Challenge #116 - Christmas in July (I did all three Things this time.)










9. Jingle Belles - Bling on the Holidays
10. BYSH Cardmakers 2022 Christmas in July



25 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with this, my friend!! Scraps. Check! Embossing folder. Check! RUB-ONS??!! Triple check!!! lol I have a drawer full I haven't used in years... And one more check: the card is gorgeous!!! Hey, don't forget to add your card here: https://byshcardmakers.blogspot.com/2022/07/christmas-in-july-2022-byshc-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Janis and a great way to use up some of your stash. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the striped background, great technique and great card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute kitten meme, and so true. Wow, what a beautiful card of gold snowflake and the textured background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles Rock challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you created this card from things you have in your stash!! That gold ornament just shines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the gold snowflake and the embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The kitten in the ornament is so true!!! I love the great big snowflake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this bright snowflake, Janis! Great background paper, too. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #116. (I always enjoy your feline-related posts.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the paper strip background for that big bold wonderful snowflake ... so very glad you joined our BLING-ing on the Holidays at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janis, what a lovely vintage look Christmas card! The embossing really looks beautiful,,, I like the way you highlighted it with the Distress ink!! Thank you for taking on all three parts of our Double Trouble "Christmas in July" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. That big gold snowflake is a showstopper for sure! So happy that you could join our "Bling on the Holidays" prompt teamed up with the Double Trouble Challenge at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janis, your card is gorgeous! I love how you used the gold ornament!!! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card and I love the big foiled focal point. Well done. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations! Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that big, gold snowflake, Janis, and got such a huge laugh over the meme! Absolutely true. ROFL

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Janis! I love that you used scraps... I think we all have those scraps laying around!! Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! Great job using up all that scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card! I love the colors, patterns, and design. Thanks for the inspiration and for participating in the BYSHC blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That meme!!! aha ha ha! So true. And I love your gorgeous card! All the patterns and textures behind that beautiful gold snowflake are just perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Double trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, the snowflake looks really smashing ;o) Thank you for sharing our "Christmas in July" Challenge over at Papercraft Challenges! Happy crafting and all the best, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  22. gorgeous christmas card, super elegant! thanks for sharing it with us on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis