Tuesday, July 26, 2022

CAS Christmas in July

 


Hi, Friends......

I am here with yet another Christmas in July card I made with things found in my stash.  Are you like I am and save your negative die-cuts?????  Well, this shimmery blue one had been in my holiday stash box for who knows how long.....and you can't expect me to throw away something like this, can you??  I happened to uncover a pretty embossed white piece, too, and thought they would look nice together.  I LOVE the clean crisp look! 

There are only a few more days left in the Let's Squash It! CAS Challenge, but I wanted to get this card finished and entered.  I have to admit that I really don't "get" CAS.  My usual style is Clean and Layered and a number of people who comment mention my CAS cards, even though I don't think they are CAS.  It is totally mystifying to me.  Anyway, I hope this one really is CAS!  lol...


Supplies used include:
Negative die-cut from Memory Box - Snowflake Love Pendant
Inkylicious - Seasons Greetings x4 stamp set
Versafine Ink in Majestic Blue
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Darice - Dot Background 5"x7" Embossing Folder

Hope you enjoyed this card.  It is nice departure from the cards I have been making that are heavy on the patterned paper. Thank you for stopping by today. Merry Christmas in July to everyone!


Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.
Let's Squash It! CAS Challenge














2. BYSH Cardmakers 2022 Christmas in July












3.  Die-Cut Divas - Christmas in July (I used a negative die cut and an embossing folder)
4. Papercraft Challenges Challenge #84 - Christmas in July
5. ABC Christmas challenge - O is for Old (I used an old negative die cut)
6. PIP Challenge 2230 - AG
7. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #553-#554 - AG
8. DL.Art July Linky Challenge

15 comments:

  1. Of course I save my negative die cuts - doesn't everyone?! lol This card is so elegant in the blue & white. And the embossed BG is perfect; so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea to use the negative side of the die cuts. The blue and white combination is so pretty in this card. Thanks for entering your card in the BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! I love the blue & white combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty way to use these scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love how you used the negative die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card, Janis! So smart to use that negative die cut! Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas in July 2022 {BSYHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super idea to use the negative of the die cut, and it made such a pretty card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderful creation made with those great elements, and I love the blue and white combo! Great CAS beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think CAS cards are so hard to make. I like to add more and more and more. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas Christmas for our July Challenge of "Christmas in July"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would have kept that blue negative as well and what a beautiful card you have made with it. Fabulous. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis