Monday, July 25, 2022

Butterfly Spanner Panel Card in Sage and Sand

 


Hi, Friends......

Oh, goodness...do I have a summery card for you today!  I took a little break from Christmas in July to indulge in the new Butterfly Challenge Mrs. A put up a few days ago.  I hardly ever (like never) attempt her fancy card styles, but this one looked like even someone with eleven thumbs might be able to accomplish.  Just my speed!  

She is featuring the Spanner Panel Card style this time and gives wonderful directions on how to make it....and several samples, too!  It is "S is for....." theme this time.  From her four color options, I chose Sage and Sand + Stripes (theme) + Butterfly + Spanner Panel Style.

I used a softly-hued butterfly panel made of adhesive-backed fabric that my crafty friend, Karen Ladd, sent me a long time ago.  I have made other cards with it before, but it's been awhile!  She also sent me the felt center I used for my flower.  The lace, I believe, might be some that came in one of Mrs. A's lovely prizes.  So pretty!  (THANK YOU, Ladies!!)

This card opens in two sections.  Here's the front with everything closed.











 

 
Here it is with the front spanner panel opened up....revealing more of the butterfly panel.



And here it is with the center panel lifted, fully opened.



Supplies used include:
Patterned and Solid paper scraps from stash
Stampin' Up - Bring on the Cake - part 1 only (retired)
Versafine ink in Spanish Moss

My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set (retired)
Prima Flowers
Memory Box - Resting Birds die set
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set (retired)
Nuvo Drops for dots and gold streaks on flower.
Butterfly stickers from stash
Isn't that fun?????  And only two extra cuts on the card base.  This card measures 5-1/2"x6-1/2" so it will fit in a large standard envelope and go for regular postage.  Yay!  
 
Hope you enjoyed seeing this sweet card.  You still have lots of time to join us over at the Butterfly Challenge, so I hope to see you there!!  
 
Janis
 
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Butterfly Challenge #171 - S is for..... (I used Sage, Sand + Stripes + Spanner Panel + Butterfly)

 

 

 

 

 

8. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #553-#554 - AG
9.
Creative Fingers Challenge #236 - AG
10.
DL.Art July Linky Challenge

 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Janis. The patterned panel and butterflies are so pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you used a few things I've sent you to make this card. When you mentioned the "felt flower center", I couldn't figure out what that was at first. Then I remembered those funny die cut felt flowers. I still have a ton of them and need to use them at some point. It looks cute when you layer it with other flowers and I'll have to remember this. After you told me about using the fabric paper, I dug around to find mine...but no luck. I'm sure I'll find it eventually but I wanted to make a twin card, haha!
    I'm impressed that you used Nuvo drops for the cute little embellishments and to decorate the flower...so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the sunshiny colours. Thank you for sharing with us at Creative Inspirations, good luck.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterfly card. I have never made a spanner panel card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As Guest Designer for Creative Creases, thank you for entering your lovely spanner fun fold in Debbie's challenge #37.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty details on this summery card, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. How gorgeous! Love the pretty yellow and green colors and lovely butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so lovely a super design thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty! Thanks for playing along in the Stay Crafty Challenge with A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Janis, your card is perfect and wasn't it so easy to make!! The next card shape I have up my sleeve requires no extra cutting what soever.Just a matter of folding and Bob's your Uncle so to speak. Love your colours and yes I recognise the lace too. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tolle Schmetterlingskarte! Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Kreativtanten.
    Viele Grüße Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  12. First, I love the pretty yellow and what a great slider card. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this beautiful spanner card! It's always fun to make and I sure love all of the details on yours. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super card! I love the yellows and how you used all the pretty pieces people sent you. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis