Friday, July 29, 2022

Vellum Overlay Merry Christmas in July



Hi, Friends......

Back again with a Christmas in July card using a number of long-neglected things from my holiday stash box!  I have made so many Christmas cards this month.  It is very gratifying.  Many of them were duplicates or similar styles so I am not posting all of them, of course, but at last count I had made 21 cards for Christmas in July!  Yay!!

Wanna see my latest THANG?????  It's using vellum.  lol...  Vellum might be the most underused staple item in my stash.  I've been noticing it more and more in layered cards and I love it.  I got to thinking....layered is very much my style, why am I not using vellum more????  So here goes with my first attempt. 

I had this bright background paper that seemed a little much, so I die cut and embossed some vellum to lay over it and I really like the snowy effect.  It helps to give more definition to the oval focal point.  I used a felt tree from my stash and inlaid some red adhesive gems,  I topped it with a happy little Santa hat at a jaunty angle.  Michele Henderson sent me the little hats and they are sooooooo cute!!  (THANKS, Michele!)






























Supplies used include:
Serendipity - Merry Christmas
Versafine Ink in Satin Red
Hero Hues Felt Stickers
Adhesive Gems from stash
Winnie & Walter - Essentials:  Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Darice - Snowflakes embossing folder
Vellum and Scraps of patterned and solid paper and cardstock from stash
Baker's Twine
EK Success - Santa Hat
Hope you liked the new look for my layered cards !  I will be reaching for my vellum often in the future, I think.  Thank you for stopping by today. Stay cool, everyone!!


Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.
BYSH Cardmakers 2022 Christmas in July










2. SSS Wednesday Challenge - AG
3.
Creative Fingers Challenge #236 - AG
4.
Papercraft Challenges Challenge #84 - Christmas in July
5.
ABC Christmas challenge -  O is for Old (Everything is old in this card!!  lol....)
6. 
Die-Cut Divas - Christmas in July (I used die cuts and an embossing folder)

14 comments:

  1. Super cute! I love how the vellum tones down something that may be too bright. And a little sparkly Santa hat too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! You've inspired me to use my vellum more too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fab with the vellum. Proud of you for making so many Christmas cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another cute card, Janis. You must have an amazing stash! Thanks for your participation in the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute with the Santa hat - love that! The embossed vellum is gorgeous! Great job using your scraps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, love that santa's hat as a tree topper! Thanks for linking up to our July challenge gallery at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card, Janis! Love your use of vellum over your papers... so pretty! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and cute card. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas Christmas for our July Challenge of "Christmas in July"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on the vellum, the result is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at ABC Christmas challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your lovely Christmas tree looks so spiffy with that glamorous hat, Janis and I love the clever use of the vellum.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis