Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Deep Rose and Black Merry Christmas in July


Hi, Friends.....

Yes, I am back with yet another Christmas in July card made from things in my holiday stash box.  I ran across several of these dry embossed and sanded panels.  This particular piece is called Black Magic.....black on the outside and colored on the inside, so when you sand it the color magically appears.  The reason these panels had stayed in my box for so long is because they are too long for my regular A2 card size so they had been shoved aside for a long, long time.  My Christmas in July resolution of using neglected stash items meant that it was time to use these!  

I found that it fit just fine on a 5"x7" card base....but there was quite a bit of room to spare.  So I went to my long neglected adhesive gem swirls and cut one of them up to arrange behind the panel.  The card was still pretty sparse, so I put a couple of adhesive gems in the corners.  

One question.....is this still CAS????  

As I mentioned in my post right below this one, people often comment on my usual clean and layered cards as being CAS even when I don't think they are.  This one seems "CAS-er" than my usual, so I am going to enter it in the Let's Squash It! CAS Challenge and the supreme tyrant dictator twins who run that challenge can delete it if they see fit.  Muwahahahaha!!!  (Love you two gals so much!!)


Supplies used include:
Darice - Seasonal Border 3-pack
Zva Black Gem Swirls
Core'dinations Black Magic Cardstock
Patterned Paper from my Stash

Hope you enjoyed seeing this simple card.  The colors are a little out of the ordinary for Christmas, but I like the deep rose and black together.  Thank you for stopping by today.  Merry Christmas in July!!


Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.
Let's Squash It! CAS Challenge (If they don't delete it.....lol)












2. Double Trouble Challenge #116 - Christmas in July (I did all three Things this time.)










3. Jingle Belles - Bling on the Holidays
4.
SSS Wednesday Challenge - AG

5. Papercraft Challenges Challenge #84 - Christmas in July
6.
BYSH Cardmakers 2022 Christmas in July












7. ABC Christmas challenge - O is for Old (Everything I used on this card was old!  Hey, nearly everything in my stash is old!!!  lol...)
8.
Word Art Wednesday Weeks #553-#554 - AG

18 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, and looks CAS to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thinks it's CAS, too. And pretty! That paper sounds fun to use, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Janis..... and definitely CAS. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty and elegant CAS holiday card, I love the combination of dry embossing with the bling swirls! So happy you could join us for the Jingle Belles and Double Trouble Xmas in July festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the design of the gem swirls! Looks CAS to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another pretty Christmas card design. I think it is CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the deep rose color, Janis! Pretty swirl design, too. Not sure about the CAS but it looks CAS to me. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #116.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks CAS to me, and it's quite lovely too! I love this color scheme with all those beautiful gemstones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never heard of this magic paper that's a color on the inside. I hope your card fits the CAS theme.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bling swirls in back of sentiment is very pretty... and you even have some of that swirl to use on another card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the black blingy swirl! The simplicity of your card turned out very nice. Thanks for playing with us at Double Trouble! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you are using things from your stash to make cards. This seems like a very good "find", Janis! Fun card. It sure is clean - but I am no CAS expert!! Thanks for playing along and entering your card in the {BYSHC} Christmas in July Linky Party!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Janis, it might not be a pure CAS because of the gems, but it DEFINITELY is the type of blinged-up card we at Double Trouble were challenging you to create! Love the swirls. Thank your for sharing with us for our "Christmas in July" with bling challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful CAS card, Janis! Loving the Black Magic effect on the sentiment... looks like wood burning almost. Thanks so much for playing along with the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful CAS card, love that colour. I have some Black Magic waiting to be used too x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous. Love the embossed background and the sentiment. Cool card. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis