Friday, July 29, 2022

JOY - Christmas in July

 


Hi, Friends......

Here is my second-to-last (I think) Christmas in July card made from bits and bobs I found in my stash.  I ran across this pretty JOY die cut that was an extra from a card-making session several years ago.  This one never made it onto a card and it has been in my holiday stash box ever since.  I teamed it up with one of the strips-o'-scraps backgrounds that I double embossed in gold earlier this month.  The die cut kind of got lost in all of gold embossing and patterned paper busy-ness.  So I embossed a scrap of solid cardstock to mat it....just what it needed.


Supplies used include:
Creative Expressions - Festive Collection Joy 2 pc die set
Darice - Checkered Embossing Folder
Darice - Damask Embossing Folder
Versamark embossing ink
Gold Embossing Powder from my stash
Lots of patterned paper scraps for my background

Hope you liked this card.  Thank you so much for stopping by!  

Are you staying cool this summer???  Right now it is 99 outside and 84 inside, so I am not very cool....but I have acclimated so I am not too uncomfortable as long as I don't do anything!!!  Ha.  Thank goodness for naps and cold drinks to help me make it through the hottest part of these days.  Next week is supposed to be in the low 80s.  That sounds heavenly!  (I'll probably complain that I am cold!!! Bwahahaha!!)

Take care and stay safe in the heat.  I will be back soon with my last Christmas in July card.  See you then!!


Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. BYSH Cardmakers 2022 Christmas in July










2. SSS Wednesday Challenge - AG
3.
Creative Fingers Challenge #236 - AG
4.
Papercraft Challenges Challenge #84 - Christmas in July
5.
ABC Christmas challenge -  O is for Old (Yep.....everything is old in this card, too!!  lol....)

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love that background! The embossed background with gold glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Christmas card. I wilt when it gets hot so I hope it cools down soon for you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so beautifully and it's so unique with the colors & patterns you used. I used up a lot of scraps, too, 33 - I counted! LOL But of course I have twice that many (or more!) left in the leftover bin. Just the Christmas bin, never mind the circles, ovals, squares, frames, shapes, etc!!! ;-) And I'll be digging in the kitty bin soon ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Janis, this card is stunning! I love all the details in your background and the Joy die is so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2022 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia Rodriguez
    Migdalia's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful Christmas card. I love the huge sentiment! Thank you for sharing with our "Christmas in July" Challenge again over at Papercraft Challenges! Happy crafting and have a great day, Maike

    ReplyDelete
  7. such an elegant Christmas card, I love the embossed detail in the back! thanks for sharing your creation with us on the Papercraft-Challenges blog. Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis