I am here with an encouraging masculine birthday card to share. I had this card partially put together with this background for a long time and didn't know whether to add more things or not. It's a large format card and has lots of room for lots of stuff, but I finally decided for a guy card....keep it simple and let this interesting background using Walnut Ink Crystals take center stage. (These crystals are super-fun to play with...kind of like Brushos or ColorBursts, only chunkier.) So I tied some twine and added the focal panel and said....finished. :) Now that it is done, I am still not sure if I should go back and add something else or not! Ha.
Here's a close up of the focal panel......
|"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart." Jeremiah 1:5|
And here's a shot of the fun variations you get with these Walnut Ink Crystals. I stamped over the background also with a MFP Crackle stamp.
Products used include:
Clear Dollar Stamps - Set Apart stamp set (discontinued)
Tsukineko - Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa
DCWV Burlap Paper Stack
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain and Rusty Hinge
Sizzix - Fancy Labels die set
Mark's Finest Papers - Background Fun stamp set (discontinued)
Tsukineko - Walnut Ink Crystals
Canson - Mixed Media Paper Spiral Bound Notebook
Twine from my stash
Hope you enjoyed this card. Thank you so much for stopping by!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Creative Knockouts Challenge #260 - Use Twine
2. Penny Black and More August Challenge - Begins with a "B" (I chose Browns, Burlap, and Birthday)
3. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Fall/Autumn
4. Word Art Wednesday Week #350-351 - Anything Goes
5. The Cat's Pajamas Challenge #349 - Birthday
6. Craft Stamper TIMI August Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
7. Artistic Stamper August Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
8. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #15 - Machine Die-cutting.)
A great design and B for Burlap is a great one, many thanks for joining us again at Penny Black and More challenge.ReplyDelete
Lovely masculine card, Janis, super background. xxReplyDelete
What a perfect masculine card Janis. The background looks amazing!ReplyDelete
Thanks so much for joining in again at Penny Black and More challenge!
Looks great--you don't need to do anything to it.ReplyDelete
so elegant and nice!ReplyDelete
Lovely and very elegant card.ReplyDelete
Thanks for playing with us at Creative Knockouts.
Good luck!! Michelle (DT)