Friday, August 10, 2018

Gold Butterfly Tri-Fold Card



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with another entry into Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge. This time I played around with a glittery gold Dollar Store butterfly and made my tall format card into a tri-fold.
(I guess tri-fold is the right name for it. It only has TWO folds, so it seems like it should be bi-fold. But I am sure I have seen these called tri-fold before, though, so who knows? Do you think I over-analyze things????? lol....)

I also used some Zva pearl flourishes to give flight to my butterfly. I love these flourishes, but am I the only one who has trouble with the crystals coming off of them while positioning them on the card? These were pearls, instead of crystals, and they all stayed stuck for some odd reason. Ha!  But the old wisdom is good: don't ask questions when something actually goes well....just enjoy it!




I love anything sparkly and also love gold against blue. These DCWV scraps of foiled gold and blue seemed perfect for this card. I just hope this color counts close enough to French Blue for Mrs. A's Challenge!

I extended the flourish trails onto the next panel to make a little scene, of sorts. I left the third panel plain for personalizing with a stamp or note. However, I did add some narrow strips trimmed from the other pieces on each side of that third panel to add continuity.
(Also to show that I intended to leave it blank....not that I just forgot to do something there! Hey...that COULD happen with me!!!)

Supplies used include:
Dollar store glittery gold butterfly
DCWV scraps
Zva adhesive pearl flourishes and swirls
Scrapbook-Adhesives - Photo Corners in gold

Hope you liked this card with its sparkly butterfly and gleaming gold. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Butterfly Challenge #105 - F is for.... I used Butterfly + French Blue + Fold (more than one)
2. Crafty Animals Challenge #17 - AG Animals
3. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday August Challenge - Feature a Creature
4. Dare 2B Artzy August Challenge - Anything Goes
5. DL.ART August Linky Challenge
6. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #10 - AG)
7. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #332 - Use Snippets
8. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #60
9. ARTastic August Challenge - Things that Fly










10. Double D Challenge - Don't Bug Me!


20 comments:

  1. Oooo I love this color combo and fancy fold! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Don’t Bug Me!’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card, Janice! I love all the flourishes and swirls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. your tri fold card, the colour and the butterfly are perfect for Mrs. A's latest challenge. Now better get working on my entry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card....love the colours. The fold is very clever too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card....love the colours. The fold is very clever too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty with the blue and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the fold is called tri fold because it gives you three panels to decorate. I love this big bold butterfly which does just fit this still card perfectly. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, Janis! I love that you colored your butterflies to satisfy your kitty on the fence! It looks all magically "buttered" with a special glistening glittery butter! LOL Wonderful card. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog today! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very beautiful card! Great butterfly! Thanks for sharing it With ARTastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Janis - it looks so exotic with the rich blue and gold.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful Janis, love the card fold and sparkly butterfly!
    Thanks so much for sharing this month at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday challenge!
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, this card is just exquisite and I LOVE the way you continued the design onto the second panel. The deep blue and gold is elegant and beautiful already but the finished card is like a piece of jewelry. As for those scroll flourishes, I don't even try to apply something like that because my limit is about five pearls or rhinestones before they start fighting back!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty. Love how you decorated the first two panels. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the purple and gold!! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely design, very elegant with the gold touches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous trifold card and pretty butterfly. Thank you for sharing this with us at ARTastic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty - Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another lovely card Janis. Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! The gold details look amazing! Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy September Challenge! -Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis