Monday, August 27, 2018

For a Special Mother with Stripes :)

Couldn't resist posting this adorable picture of "a special mother with stripes".  Awwww...
Hi, Friends.....

What I really meant in the title to this blog post was that I made this card for a special mother and that the card has a striped background.....but "for a special mother with stripes" is the first thing that came out! :)

I usually use this stamp for Mother's Day cards, but my dear mother-in-law had an alarming health scare this last week. I wanted to send a pretty mom card to her and thought this would fit the occasion. I love this older DCWV Chateau Lavender stack that I used here.


Products used include:
Mom stamp from my stash
Versafine ink in Sepia Brown
Verve - Sprightly Sprigs die set (discontinued)
DCWV Chateau Lavender stack
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain
Pretty lace ribbon from my stash
Core'dinations Kraft cardstock

Hope you like my card and that my mom-in-law will, too. We are all so thankful that she is okay. She's in her mid-80s and needs to start acting her age!!! lol.... <3 <3 <3 Thank you for stopping by today!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Power Poppy Creative Confetti - Use your birthstone as inspiration (Mine is the lovely purple amethyst.)
2. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #62
3. Word Art Wednesday Week #348-349 - Anything Goes
4. The House that Stamps Built - A2218 Anything Goes
5. Joy Clair August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #14 May Flowers)
7. Crop Stop August Linky Party #42 - Anything Goes + Opt Twist of striped background (I used Distress Ink, Tsukineko Versafine ink, and Core'dinations cardstock)
8. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
9. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #234 - Summer
10. HeARTful Stamping - Anything Goes + a Stamp

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes AUGUST 2018 Linky Challenge.

    Your MIL will love this I hope she gets well soon. The purple colors are so pretty.

    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I like the stripes and lace. Hope you mom in law is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You title made me smile --- love the pretty card you created for your m-i-l, I'm sure she'll feel the love you put into it!
    Thanks for linking this up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built as well!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful!!! I do love those stripes and I'm sure your mother-in-law will love the whole thing! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So delicate and romantic - love it! Thank you very much for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis