Friday, August 10, 2018

Butterflies in Pink against Blue Sky



Glad they are not REAL spiders!  Ugh...  My son had to dispatch two big ones that were webbing around in the rafters of my front porch recently.  One of them made such a stout web that when I unwittingly brushed against one of its "guy wires", I thought I had bumped a small gauge extension cord!!  Imagine my horror when I realized what I had touched and how big its occupant was!!  Yeeeeech!!!  =:o

Hi, Friends.......

I am here with a pair of butterfly cards to share with you today. Even though bugs and crawlies of all kinds give me the creeps in real life, I love making pretty butterfly cards. Somehow, they are NOT the same thing! lol....  Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge this time around is open for four weeks
, instead of the usual two, so that gives everyone a nice chance to participate.....even me!! :) (It closes Aug.28th at her time of "something o'clock" which means a completely different time to most of the world, so you better just check for yourself...hehehe!)

For these two cards, I'm letting some bright pink/fuchsia floral patterned vinyl wall sticker butterflies from the dollar store flutter around in my blue sky (from my pile of watercolor marker refill water backgrounds). I applied my stickers to a large sheet of my background and then die cut the panels for a nice finished stitched look around the edges.
(I was so proud of myself for using the rest of this sheet of stickers from my butterfly box...until I was rooting around in there later and found three more unused sheets!! Ha. Another day....another day.....)


Here's the second card in this light and airy butterfly set:


Products used include:
Dollar store vinyl wall stickers
Technique Tuesday - You Did It stamp set
Versafine ink in Onxy Black
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Canson - Mixed Media Paper Spiral Bound Notebook
Hope you like this pretty set of fast and easy cards! Thank you for stopping by.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1. Butterfly Challenge #105 - F is for.... I used Butterfly(ies) + Flowers + Fuchsia
2. The House That Stamps Built - A818 Tic Tac Toe (I chose Friendship, Watercolors, and Bright Colors.)
3. Simon Says Stamp Work-it Wednesday July Challenge - Watercolor
4. Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday August Challenge - Feature a Creature
5. Dare 2B Artzy August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Crafty Animals Challenge #17 - AG Animals
7. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges)
(I chose Challenge #15 - Machine Die-cutting.)
8. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #234 - Summer
9. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #346-347 - Anything Goes
10. The Cat's Pajamas Challenge #349 - Birthday
11. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #59
12. Tuesday Throwdown Challenge TT404 - Anything Goes
13. ARTastic August Challenge - Things that Fly











14. Double D Challenge - Don't Bug Me!


  






20 comments:

  1. I love them, both of your cards are fantastic
    Thank you for entering the DL.ART THANKFUL THURSDAY challenge # 234“summer” or Thank you” for this challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART
    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com


    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful!! Never would have guessed that they were vinyl stickers. Love the bright colors. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Don’t Bug Me!’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW! I clever and beautiful! Those butterflies are gorgeous! And I would never know what they were made from! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Don't Bug Me, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are lovely Janis. (I don't like bugs of any kind either but somehow on cards they are ALL cute! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty. I bought some different butterfly wall stickers from the dollar store and will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! What a cool way to use wall stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, so different! Great way to use your stickers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two brilliant cards from your sticker (stash). Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful cards you've created with those stickers! Love the soft colors! Thanks so much for linking up to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge over at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vary pretty card! Thanks for sharing it with ARTastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fantastic creation!
    Thanks so much for sharing again at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, what a clever and fun way to use those vinyl butterflies..by applying to the background and THEN die cutting for two beautiful card designs! A quick and easy way to get that off-the-page look! Your story about the spider web had me laughing...as did that poster of the spidercats...go kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow these are beautiful! Dollar store! You never know what you're gonna find! Thanks so much for playing along at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very eye-catching! Lovely idea to make a matching set.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! Your butterflies look gorgeous. Thank you for sharing this with us at ARTastic

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very clever. Thank you so much for joining in with ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card Janis. Thank you for joining us at ARTastic this month.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty card! Love the butterflies; they look as if they are flying off the paper! Thanks for participating in the Dare 2B Artzy September Challenge! -Tasha ☺

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis