I am here today to share a fun daisy card I made for the Winnie & Walter Color Challenge for July. I am so glad this monthly challenge had some spill-over days into August because July was a total bust for me as far as crafting!! Heather H. chose this fabulous inspiration photo and palette for us to use. LOVE!!!
I had just the right products to use (Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Shirley's Blooms) and decided to stamp and heat emboss on vellum and use my Prismacolors on the reverse to color the flowers. I'm not a great colorist and after finishing the images I thought the whole thing looked a little blah. I decided to throw caution to the wind (as is usual in my crafting!) and color some outlines around the images, too. I think it livens it up a lot.
The vellum sheet I used was larger than I needed for the front panel. So after I die cut that piece, I cut a strip from the remainder and glued it on the inside of the card. So pretty!!!
I used a variety of daisy sizes...some solid and some open. The solid flowers provided convenient places to hide the blobs of glue I used for attaching the vellum. Yay!
Products used include:I really love how this card turned out and I hope you like it, too! Thank you so much for taking time to stop by today and for leaving your kind comments. Stay safe and cool during this terrible heat!!
Winnie & Walter - In Bloom: Shirley's Blooms stamp set
Thrift store package of vellum already cut into 4-1/2"x6" pieces
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular
Prismacolor Colored Pencils
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Sentimental: Gift stamp set
Versafine ink in Smokey Gray
Core'dinations cardstock in gray and white
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Color Challenge for July
2. Artistic Stamper August Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
3. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #59
4. Joy Clair August Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Dare 2B Artzy August Challenge - Anything Goes
6. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #16-Embossing)
7. Craft Stamper TIMI August Challenge - Anything Goes with Stamping
8. Crafter's Castle Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
9. The Cat's Pajamas Challenge #349 - Birthday
10. Stick it Down: August Card Sketch Challenge