Sunday, August 19, 2018

Paris Travel Card


                                                          Le Chat de Grumpy                                   (My best guess at French....which is only because I have a Le Chat coffee mug that I use all the time.  But oui internet travelers have to pick things up wherever oui can!  Ha.)

Hi, Friends......

I am here with a masculine card to share today. I made this card especially for a couple of different challenges:


1. UnstampaBelles Challenge - Susan, the lovely hostess from the underside of the globe, comes up with fabulous challenges where there is no stamping allowed. :) My Graphic 45 collections are always perfect because they have lots of sentiment strips which match their wonderful papers and can be used in lieu of stamping. This month Susan is asking us to include embossing and, as an optional twist, to make it masculine. Out came my G45 Cityscapes collection that I have been pining to use. For some odd reason, I love the look of cityscapes, even though I am a country girl through and through!

2. Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge - This month Heather's challenge is Any Palette Goes. Fun!!! To help me along with my card, I chose a color palette that goes with my Cityscapes collection . I added a few neutrals to my card, too.



Now....before summer is over, let's go to Paris!!!...................


You can't imagine how much courage it took for me to tear this embossed background!!  I knew it would tend to tear along the embossed lines....and it did....too much in some places!  But I soldiered on and actually like how the tearing turned out.  :)

Products used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Graphic 45 - Cityscapes collection
Sizzix - TH Texture Fades - Notebook embossing folder
Core'dinations Cardstock - Neutrals
Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Baker's Twine from Dollar Store
Core'dinations cardstock in vanilla for card base

Hope you enjoyed your little sight-seeing trip! Thank you for stopping by today. We made it safely through the thunderstorms the other night. There were no ground strikes in our area and no new fires in our part of Idaho. So thankful for God's protection!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. UnstampaBelles Challenge #84 - Emboss with optional twist of Make it Masculine
2. Winnie & Walter August Color Challenge - Any Palette Goes
3. Word Art Wednesday Week #348-349 - Anything Goes
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
5. All Sorts Week 480/1 - From Boys to Men
6. DL.ART August Linky Challenge
7. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #16 - Embossing.)
8. Crop Stop August Linky Party #42 - Anything Goes (I used Distress Ink, Sizzix embossing folder, and Core'dinations cardstock)
9. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #234 - Summer (Summer is for traveling!!)
10. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #60
11. HIMCR Challenge #366 - Use Die Cuts

14 comments:

  1. Janis, this is gorgeous. So full of lovely details. Thanks for entering our challenge at Unstampabelles with this amazing project! Glad too that you and yours are safe from the vagaries of the weather. It's cold and a bit wet here today and Weasley is 'inside crazy cat'! He is sitting on the stairs at the moment and talking to the birds outside - probably swearing at them if his tone is anything to go by.....wants a walk but it's too cold for me to stand around for 40 minutes while he digs holes and climbs trees and chases the small birds. Love your comments! Cheers, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fab, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for entering your lovely card into Craftyhazelnuts PP Challenge too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely masculine creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Boys to Men' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card. I like the torn embossed panel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous creation and so much detail. I love Paris. One of my most favourite cities. Thank you for sharing it with us at Unstampabelles Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I just love this Graphic 45 card! You so cleverly tucked that little into the printed cityscape strip along the bottom and that torn notebook embossed background is just fabulous! Why have I never thought to alter an embossed background in this way? I guess that's why I read blogs...to pick up techniques and ideas from a crafty genius like you! This is a real favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and that Grumpy cat sweatshirt...he looks even grumpier in a beret..haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the torn background on our awesome card! Thanks for linking up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The end result of the tearing is gorgeous! Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card full of details. Love the torn embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Love these colors and patterns! Great design! Thanks so much for playing along with Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis