Friday, August 24, 2018

Kinda Retro Christmas Cards



Hi, Friends......

I am here with a couple of Christmas cards in deep shades of some bright colors. I love this color palette that I chose for entering the Winnie & Walter August Color Combo Challenge - Any Palette Goes.



Digging around in my stash, I found these scraps of DCWV 12x12 paper with a really long Merry Christmas and just had to use them for long format cards. Can you tell that I did some sparkly tone-on-tone embossing on the backgrounds??? For the first card I used a W&W stencil and on the second one I stamped some W&W stars. I scattered glittery stars and snowflakes here and there......made from scraps, of course!  Bonus: I kept these very flat for easy mailing.  Yay!!



I couldn't decide which color of card base to use, lavender or hot pink, so I made one of each.  Which do you like better?  I like the pink one.



Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Big Bang Confetti Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - Scenery: Bigger Bang Confetti stamp set (limited edition, no longer available)
Winnie & Walter - Buffalo Check Creative Screenings
Distress Ink in Walnut Stain for edges
Sweet Dixie - 4 Layering Snowflakes die set (from the lovely Di Wray...THANKS, Di!!!)

Tsukineko - Versamark Ink
Scraps of DCWV patterned paper and glitter cardstock
Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder
Core'dinations card stock for bases

Hope you enjoyed this kinda retro and non-traditional color combo for my cards. Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate your comments so very much.

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering these cards in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter August Color Challenge - Any Palette Goes
2. Christmas Cards All Year Round August Challenge - Use Hot/Warm Colors
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - AG Christmas

4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge - Use Patterned Paper  
5. HIMCR Challenge #366 - Use Die Cuts
6. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #61
7. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (I chose Challenge #16 - Embossing.)  
8. Word Art Wednesday Week #348-349 - Anything Goes
9. DL.ART August Linky Challenge 
10. Crop Stop August Linky Party #42 - Anything Goes (I used Distress Ink, Tsukineko ink, and Core'dinations cardstock)
11. The House that Stamps Built - A2218 Anything Goes 
12. Pixie's Snippets Playground Challenge #333 - Use Snippets 
13. Joy Clair August Challenge - Anything Goes
14. Time Out Challenge #116 - Bright 

12 comments:

  1. Two great non-traditional coloured Christmas cards, Janis. Hard to pick a favourite, but I think I would choose the bottom one. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful warm red Christmaas cards..very classy and love the cats..lol.. Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful!! Love the color combo you chose and the sparkle!! They are both fabulous, but personally, I like the hot pink card base the best. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, that cat cartoon has me laughing out loud! I always look forward to your cat memes and posters..almost as much as the cards. I love these pretty, sparkly
    non-traditionally colored Christmas cards. Great way to use those snowflake and glittery stars and yay for you in using some old DCWV papers! As for my favorite version, I think I'll vote for the hot pink one too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and happy tone on tone Christmas card! So happy you linked these up to the Cropstop blog and The House That Stamps Built this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!! And that cartoon is funny!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great entry! I like both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Janis! And like you, I think the pink one just had the edge in the running order!

    Love your cartoons - reminds me of a terrific phot of a dog looking into the camera with the family Christmas tree knocked over behind him. The caption is - 'Thank goodness you're home, the tree fainted'!! I guess that could apply just as equally to cats as well :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the cartoon - we have three cats so it definitely made me smile :) Your card is so bright and festive - and I love non-traditional colours for snowflakes! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Pattern Paper challenge
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful Christmas project. Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday. I would like to share with you God's Word in John 8:12 which says, "When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” God's Word is timely and timeless. Have a blessed weekend!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis