Thursday, August 16, 2018

Christmas Card with Hot Colors


Drum Kit(ties) - This is what it would look like at my house if I had drums.  <3


Hi, Friends......

I am here with a Christmas card to share. I was inspired by the theme over at Christmas Cards All Year Round to make a holiday card with HOT colors. Such a fun theme that I had to try it out. I made one using traditional red earlier this month, but I felt like rising to the challenge and really using HOT colors.

The Winnie & Walter Color Challenge this month is Any Palette Goes, so I found this hot, hot, hot one to use: 



I have been on a Graphic 45 kick lately, so I teamed up a fun 12 Days of Christmas chippie with some DCWV scraps and a Doodlebug doily for my card. I dressed up the doily like a wreath by adding some rhinestones in warm colors. See that fish-tail banner.....oh, how I wish I had some nesting dies in this nice wide shape, but alas...no. I had to cut it out myself...so don't look too closely!


Supplies used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set
Graphic 45 "Twelve Days of Christmas" Chipboard
Doodlebug - Mini Doilies
DCWV scraps
Distress Ink in Rusty Hinge
Rhinestones - various colors of individual ones and the red row from Fiki (THANKS, FIKI!!!)
Ribbon from stash
Core'dinations cardstock in kraft

Thank you for stopping by today! I hope you are staying safe in all the heat. We have a fire weather warning for tomorrow with a now updated 40% chance of thunderstorms that is keeping us all on pins and needles. Please keep all those affected by severe weather in your prayers!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter August Color Challenge - Any Palette Goes
2. Christmas Cards All Year Round August Challenge - Use Hot/Warm Colors
3. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #398 - AG Christmas
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper August Challenge - Use Patterned Paper
5. ABC Christmas Challenge - PQR (I used Q is for Quotes.)
6. DL.ART August Linky Challenge
7. Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge #17 - Blast from the Past (play any of their 2018 challenges) (
I chose Challenge #15 - Machine Die-cutting.)
8. Crafter's Castle Challenge #8 - Anything Goes
9. Crop Stop August Linky Party #42 - Anything Goes w/ the opt Twist: Striped Background
(I did the Twist and I used Distress Ink, Doodlebug Doily and Core'dinations Cardstock)
10. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #60

11 comments:

  1. I love the bright colours you have used and you did a great job with the banner. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
    Being on the other side of the world our forecast for the weekend is snow. Do hope is means the people in NSW and Queensland will get some much needed rain. It sounds as if you need some too but not the thunderstorm perhaps.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is so bright and warm! Thanks for joining us at CHNC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to turn a doily into a wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fine job of cutting out that banner by hand - looks great! Thanks for sharing your lovely card over at Cropstop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The banner looks great, as does the rest of the card. Thanks for joining us over at the ABC Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely love this color palette! So beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along over at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great way to incorporate HOT colors in a Christmas card and the vintage Graphic 45 couldn't be more perfect. Who needs a banner nesting die when you cut yours just right!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work.Thank you for joining us at the Crafter's Castle Challenge - Priya Satish DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another warm beauty Janis...gorgeous card..Thank you so much for sharing and joining in with us at CCAYR...[ Christmas Crafts All Year Round]

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis