Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Home is Where....... FWF 10-27 and Cat Lovers Hop

COOLEST PICTURE EVER!!!!  I don't know who it is, but I LOVE it!!! 



**********************************
The CAT LOVERS HOP is EXTENDED!!!!!

Oct. 26 - Nov 1, 2015
Happening through the weekend at Her Peaceful Garden
Last day to link up:  Now is Nov. 1
Last day to comment:  Now is Nov. 3
**********************************




Hi, Friends....

I am totally loving that you are here for another of my cards for the Cat Lovers Hop.  Have you started on your cat project yet?  There are some fabulous sponsors with awesome prizes for some lucky random winners among those who link up a cat-themed project and for those who comment on the linked-up projects.  Check out the Hop Guidelines and FAQ Page and link up on the Main Page.  :)

One of the generous sponsors of the Cat Hop is none other than........... Unity!!!  

Today, also, is Unity's Designer Hop and Friends with Flair Link Up, so I am combining my weekly FWF post with a Cat Hop card.  :)  I hope you will join me in showing Unity how much we appreciate them for sponsoring the Cat Lovers Hop by visiting their blog and/or social media spots and telling them thanks!!!
Here are some links:  Unity blog, Unity Facebook, Unity Twitter, Unity Instagram.
It is so awesome to see that several of you already posted thank yous to these companies!!!  Cat Lovers are THE BEST!!!!  You all make me so proud.  

For my Unity Friends with Flair Link Up card this week, I used one of my new Unity grab bag sentiment stamps.  (I know I said I was going to use my neglected ones, but these are just irresistible!!  And, at least, I am using uninked ones....even though they are new!)  I teamed it up with an ancient Hero Arts kitty stamp that I absolutely love. (The date on it says 1990!!)



I used some long-hoarded K&Co. scraps for the background panels in bright autumn patterns and also some shimmery DCWV orange cardstock scraps.  LOVE!!!

I stamped the image and sentiment with Versafine ink in Vintage Sepia and heat embossed them with clear powder.  Then I colored the image with some Faber-Castell Art-Grip Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils I won a while back.  (THANKS, F-C!!!)  I inked the edges of the panels with Distress Ink in Brushed Corduroy.  



Here's an angled shot so you can see a bit of the gleam of the foiled K&Co. papers and the shimmer of the metallic orange cardstock.  The soft velour ribbon behind the image panel is a nod to the warm, fuzzy coats on the kitties.  Awwwww.....


Hint:  My velour ribbon was kind of thick, but not as thick as my foam squares.  I didn't want my image panel to be bowed up or down along the middle.  So.....I cut another strip of the same ribbon but shorter than the width of the panel (and then cut it lengthwise into two long, narrow strips)....and used it as my "foam" by gluing it underneath to the top and bottom edges.  Voila!  Exact same thickness for a level panel.  :)  

I hope you enjoyed my card.  I absolutely LOVE how it turned out!
 
Don't forget that you can link up your own cat-themed project and/or comment on the linked projects for a chance at the randomly drawn prizes in the Cat Lovers Hop.  AND......Unity has the same sort of thing on their Hop and Linky Party!!  Make a "Unity + Cat" project and link it both places!!!  Yay!!  (But you only have through Wednesday evening for the Unity link-up.)  

See you later today with another cat project!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
In addition to my CAT LOVERS HOP
1. Unity's Designer Hop and Friends with Flair Link Up
2. Atlantic Hearts Challenge Sketch #131



3. Southern Chipboard October Challenge - Halloween or Fall

38 comments:

  1. Cats are cute. I am allergic though. My mom loves cats. The card is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling! I love these pretty colors--so warm and touching!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. aaaw, way cute... love the little kittens so snuggled together.. the embossed sentiment if fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so stinking cute!!! I love the colors and the use of different depths to make this card really pop!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww your card is super cute!
    love it!
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Hero Arts kitty stamp there! So cuddly! I've gotten one of those big Unity Bags of stamps before, tons of stuff in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card, Janis, what a great sentiment for this adorable HA kitty image! Lovely colour combo too! I think I only have 3 Unity stamps and none of them are kitties - I must take a look over at Unity when I get back to crafting! Wonderful hop - I am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your kitty card....they are cute...I think I need to get this stamp! ~ Wynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that pile of kitties is the perfect match for that Unity sentiment! Together with the warm, shiny papers and soft velvet = a warm and cozy card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is such a gorgeous card and a very sweet stamp :-) I am really enjoying the Hop :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your cats snuggled in together! It is supposed to snow here today and your cats look so warm and fuzzy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cozy little kitty scene. Very nice card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet stamp this is! Love your color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great combination of new and old! That little kitten stamp is so darn cute and I especially love that one kitty has her head turned towards us as she uses her neighbor for a pillow! The tip about using more velveteen ribbon as your foam dimensional aid is genius and one I'll have to remember. I think I have that exact same color of velveteen ribbon deep in my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a beautiful card Janis and I love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love the sweet kitty image and the way you colored it so softly! The combo of dp looks really pretty with it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love, love, love! Love the papers and the colors and those cats are so pretty. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such cute creation in warm colors! Love this sweet image and colored beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Meow, meow..... what a cute cluster of kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah what a pretty kitty card. Thanks for sharing Here from the cat hop

    ReplyDelete
  21. also here from the Unity hop again great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a darling card.I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aw, the kitties are so cute!! Love your choice of colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a lovely cosy card. The image is so sweet. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such sweet little kittens! I love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  26. this is a great card, love that stamp

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute cat card. Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so super fabulous!!!!! I love cats, too. I can't imagine life without them! This was a great take on the sketch this week! Thank you for joining us at Atlantic hearts sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a pretty card, I love the colouring and details! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Brandi R
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a sweet card. Great job! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge!

    Jess - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the kitties and the fake foam hint! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC)!

    Linda N
    DT member AHSC
    www.scrappytherapy.com

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis