Thursday, October 29, 2015

Ready for Trick or Treat - Cat Lovers Hop Day 4






Here's one that's not about cats, but I love it sooo much. If you have ever been around rescue/rehab baby owls, you have seen them do this kind of thing.  So cute!! 

"This toy was meant to comfort this orphaned owl, but instead it inspired a new career!!!"



(Watch out, world, Janis has learned how to embed YouTubes!!  lol.....)



**********************************
The CAT LOVERS HOP is EXTENDED!!!!!

Oct. 26 - Nov 1, 2015
Happening through the weekend at Her Peaceful Garden
Last day to link up:  Now is Nov. 1
Last day to comment:  Now is Nov. 3
**********************************
http://herpeacefulgarden.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-cat-lovers-hop-is-here.html


Hi, Friends......

I am back with my second project for today.  I was going to post this yesterday, but you know how it goes....  lol...

I am showcasing two more of our fabulous Cat Lovers Hop sponsors with this project:  Paper Smooches and Serendipity!!!  
I hope you will help me show them how much we appreciate their generosity by going to their blogs and/or social media sites and telling them thank you.  I love how many of you have been doing this already!!!!


Here are some links for you:
Paper Smooches: Blog, Facebook (Did you know Paper Smooches has their DT Hop going on right now with more chances for you to win some PS goodies???)
Serendipity:  Blog,  Facebook

Have you ever had trick-or-treaters come to the door that were a little bit too old and waaaaay too cool to be doing that on Halloween?  I'm talking about 13 and 14 yr old boys (or even older!) who don't bother dressing up, except for maybe sunglasses and a long trenchcoat.  These young men know they are really too old but they don't want to miss out on the loot, so they go anyway.  Ha.  Yep...you know the ones....I can tell!!  Well, these candy treat holders are inspired by them.  lol...



These Paper Smooches - Feline Friends cats are just too cool in their shades, aren't they???  Ha.  I just know I've had these guys at my door in years past.  (But not where we live here in Idaho now.  We are so remote that we get zero trick-or-treaters and I am forced to eat all the candy myself!!!  Poor me....lol... Good thing I bought two bags this year. )


The "trick-or-treat" in the hand-drawn speech balloons is from a Serendipity grab bag.  (They sell these bags of 10 unmounted stamps for only $1.00!!  Awesome, huh?  I ordered two and the owner, Mary Lee, made sure there were no duplicates in there.  Great service!!!)  The sentiment is actually on a trick-or-treat bag but I inked up only the words to use this time.  You can see a project I made last year using the whole image here.

I stamped the cats and sentiment with Versamark ink on scraps of orange cardstock and heat embossed them with clear powder.  Nice shiny, slick kitties ready to gobble your candy!!!  Kit-Kats, of course.  :)


I die cut DCWV patterned paper scraps for the holders with my Sizzix - Fancy Labels Dies.  I used more scraps for wrapping around the candy bar.  A few wispy scraps of the dollar store "spooky cloth" adds a bit of mystery.  Fun, huh?  

I hope you will join the Cat Lovers Hop by linking up a cat themed project (by Nov. 1) and/or commenting on the linked projects (by Nov. 3).  The Guidelines and FAQ page is here and you can link up on the main page.

I am absolutely thrilled with the response to this hop!!!  Right now we have 77 entries and still a day to go.  Thank you so much for your excitement and participation!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering these treat holders in the following challenges:
In addition to the Cat Lovers Hop...
1. Wow! Embossing Powder October Challenge - Anything but a Card

13 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you were able to decorate your Kit Kat bars for the hop and what cool cats these are! (or should I say Kool Kats?). I think that Paper Smooches cat set is one of my favorites and I may have to break down and actually buy it at some point. I've got a different cat set by Paper Smooches but we all know that you can't have too many cat stamps, right? That cat cartoon at the top has me in stitches...and then I saw the owl video...oh my! I've seen owls, big and small, do that funny head bobbing and the Monster Mash accompaniment is absolutely perfect for Halloween. This hop has been so much fun that I'll be going through withdrawal when it's over. I still have so many cat stamps and craft items that I haven't even been able to use this week but there's always next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww Janis, I love your cool cat stamp with cool glasses on Kit Kat bars, wrapping beautifully! You are a genius to decorate them, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness - that owl is just divine isn't he/she :-D
    LUV your kool Kit Kat kitty wrappers :-D

    I am so enjoying this Hop :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh KIT KATS!! if I could reach in and grab one ....I would!! YUM! What a super great idea - very creative! AND the owls - hahhahaha - super duper cute!!! Who woulda thought! I'm sure it thought it was sitting with its sibling! leaving your blog with smile on face!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Cool Cats - and yep, we sometimes used to get the older kids who were just in it for the freebies. And I adore your video - such fun :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Oakley (is that Little Annie Oakley, I wonder?) dancing to the Monster Mash is too cute! And it reminds me of that famous YouTube of the owl and cat who are friends. Oh that cool cat in glasses is perfect for kitKAT bars! The week is flying by and it's been fun!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, my son is one of those older kids that just is not ready to give up trick or treating. He is wearing a monkey mask this year and pink suspenders!! Although he is on the older side, he is at least having fun and not getting into trouble!! Love your cool cat treat bags! I love that owl video!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos you shared! and I love your treats!
    you did great job!
    and thank you for this hop blog and for visiting my blog!
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kit Kats are my favorite candy! Yum! Fun project. Sadly, we don't get any kids at all at our house. I think a lot of kids end up going to parties instead (I know my nieces & nephews do, too). I just posted another card ... #90 ... it has been so much fun & I was happy to use some things from my stash I never used before. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. KitKat has always been my favourite chocolate bar - not because of the name - I just love them! The name is just a bonus! We used to get those teen boy trick-or-treaters at my old house - so funny - I know exactly what you mean! I think my brothers did the same thing when they were teens. I love your cool cat treat holders! Such a fun idea! And that's too bad you'll have to eat all that candy yourself - I feel so bad about it hahaha - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These treat are wonderful. Such a great idea. And the videois hillarious. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute--I like the cool cat. One of my sons went trick or treating with friends way longer that I thought he should.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis