Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wrapped with Love - Waffle Flower





<<<MARK YOUR CALENDARS>>>> 
CAT LOVERS HOP
Oct. 26-30, 2015
Right here at Her Peaceful Garden

Pounce on this Badge for your Blog!!!!
Find a snuggly place on your sidebar for this badge!!!!

Get a head start by looking at the Hop Guidelines Page!!



Hi, Friends......

I am here with a sweet little card I made for the Waffle Flower October Technique Challenge.  This month they are asking us to use embossing. (Oh, YES!!!!  My FAVORITE!!!  :)  )  They have changed things around a little bit on their challenges.  Now they run monthly, instead of twice monthly, and they focus on a technique.  They offer a sketch and inspiration photo, too, but those are optional to use.  Also, a Waffle Flower product must be used if you want to be one of their two monthly winners.  

Here's the Waffle Flower October inspiration photo:  

I love the cozy, warm yarn and all the colorful crocheted patterns in the photos, so I ran with that.  

Here's what I made:


You know I can't get enough of that looooooooong kitty in the Waffle Flower - On My Mark stamp set!!!  So fun.  Well, with the yarn for inspiration, and a sentiment in the set that said "wrapped with love"....what else could I do but wrap a length of nubby variegated yarn around the kitty's tummy!!  Awwwww.....  :)



















As you can see, I did quite a bit of embossing on this card.  The background technique is layered dry embossing, using DCWV paper.  I used the Darice - Honeycomb folder.  The pattern reminds me a bit of some of the inspiration pieces.  :)  I gently inked over the ridges with Distress Ink in Evergreen Bough to accentuate the texture.

The kitty and the sentiment are heat embossed in white on kraft.  The balloons are two layers of vellum.  One has the image heat embossed in white and the other has it in Splash, a chalk ink by Color Box.  I cut the balloons out and layered the two pieces with the white on the bottom and the aqua offset just a bit over that.  Then I put a piece of kraft underneath them so they wouldn't get lost on my card.  Do you like the effect?  I think it works.



The wrapped up kitty is quite dimensional because of the thick yarn, so I put foam squares under the head and legs to make them the same height.  I tucked the balloons underneath and tied the card with some shimmery dollar store twine.  Cute!




















Hope you liked my card today.  Thanks for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Waffle Flower October Technique Challenge - Embossing
2.  Winnie & Walter WCMD Color Challenge GP  - Use aqua, mint, yellow, and kraft.
3.  Make My Monday - Cats, Big or Small
4.  Mojo Monday #418 - Sketch Contest










16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I just want to grab that little kitty in her sweater and tuck her under my arm to take home! That looooooong kitty is already the cutest thing but then you're killing me with that nubby yarn outfit. So much wonderful texture from the dry and heat embossing, and all the layers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello
    I'm here because I saw on Kt Fit Kitty's blog your picture of cat lovers blog hop.
    Im big cat lover!
    I have three cats.
    I probably have them more but my husband is not thrilled with my idea to bring every cat to our home.
    you card is super cute!
    i'm going to check others posts.
    will put this picture on my sidebar.
    have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how darling! Love the little kitty sweater. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Make My Monday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you love cats, you've put so much work and detail into this sweet card!! What a fantastic idea to wrap the long kitty, would never have thought of that. And have never seen layered embossing before, so I've learned something new!! Its a fantastic card and I'm so glad you joined us at Waffle Flower Crafts this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely ADORABLE! LOVE him wrapped in yarn - too stinkin' cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, Janis! This kitty is sooooo cute and adorable! I love his little sweater! What a sweet card! Just popping in to let you know I've just advertised the Cat Lovers Blog Hop on my blog today and invited everyone to come over and join as a follower to get all the details as they are announced. I'm super excited about the hop and I'll be back to join in on the 26th. Hoping to schedule posts for each day of the hop! That's my plan anyway! Started my blog break today... lots to do! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun Love the yarn wrap ......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you've created with that fun little cat wrapped in fibre!!
    I've put the badge up and added a bit to my blog post today too about the Cat Lover's Blog Hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cute and good luck on teh challenge
    TF the Info
    bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card and cute cat :-)
    Came over after reading about you at KT Fit Kitty's Blog and now I've joined you :-D Didn't know about Cat Day and I am really looking forward to the Hop :-) Luv, luv, LUV cats :-D :-D

    Hugz
    IKE (the crazy cat lady) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a HOOT or shall I say the cat's Meow!! Thanks for linking up to The Waffle Flower challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't believe I've never come across your blog before. Looking forward to checking it out more! Love the kitty pic above! Had to pop over after KT Fit Kitty told us about your upcoming Cat event! Your card is really cute! So creative to use the yarn around the long kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Meow Meow! Meow a lovely card! I love the idea you played around with the yarn! Great idea! Thanks for joining us at Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is sooo cute!! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis