Thursday, October 29, 2015

Eeeeeeeek! Cat Lovers Hop Day 4


(This one took me a second...... till I looked up.)




And one more bat and cat meme to get you in the mood for my card!






**********************************
The CAT LOVERS HOP is EXTENDED!!!!!

Oct. 26 - Nov 1, 2015
Happening through the weekend at Her Peaceful Garden
Last day to link up:  Now is Nov. 1
Last day to comment:  Now is Nov. 3
**********************************




Hi, Friends......

Welcome to Day 4 of the Cat Lovers Hop and also National Cat Day.  Today I will have two cat posts. (I thought I'd have two yesterday, but today I really think I will!!  Ha.)

I hope you all have been enjoying the Cat Lovers Hop this week as much as I have.  There have been so many awesome projects and entertaining stories about your cats.  I can tell we are a bunch of hard-core cat lovers!!!  :)  

I want to thank each of YOU for the super-encouraging comments you've made about this hop.  I'd never done anything like this before and it was kind of scary getting it all organized, and wondering if anyone would even be interested.  I wasn't sure any sponsors would want to take a chance on a hop that had never been done before.  You cat lovers have been FANTASTIC taking the time to send these sponsors notes of thanks on Facebook and/or their other pages.  THANKS SO MUCH!!!  I definitely am thinking about doing this again next year!  Yay!!

Today I am showcasing another of our generous sponsors:  Waffle Flower.  I hope you will join me in thanking them on their blog and/or social media spots.  
Here are some links for you:  Waffle Flower blog, Waffle Flower Facebook, Waffle Flower Instagram

My card uses one of my very favorite cat stamp sets:  On My Mark by Waffle Flower(This set also has a dog on it, but we won't mention that on National Cat Day, will we?!!)  I absolutely adore this looooooooooong cat.  I do all sorts of antics with it on my cards.  :)    Today, though, I have the cat actually walking on all fours in a whimsical little spooky scene. 


I dry embossed my background and sanded it to make moonlit highlights on the trees.  I stamped some bats on vellum with Versafine ink in Onyx Black  and heat embossed them with clear powder.  I cut them out with some of the vellum showing around the edges for more definition.  I stamped my cat with Versamark ink on black cardstock and heat embossed with silver powder.  

Next, I tore my craft table apart in a panic looking for my "EEK!" Unity stamp that I had set out a couple of weeks ago.....so it would be handy.....arrrrgh! Now it is nowhere to be seen!!!  (I hope I am not the only one this ever happens to!)  So I printed "eeek!" out on some white paper and glued it on my scene.  (sigh...)


For the grass, I cut two fringes of black cardstock and lightly brushed a silver ink pad over them to make them glisten a bit.  Then I put my nervous cat in between the layers and lifted the blades of grass with a piece of paper slipped underneath them.  Do you like his googly eyes?  Hehehehe....  I finished it by mounting the whole thing on a glittery silver card base. 
HINT:  I want to mention something about heat embossing.  Don't always worry if it's not perfect!!  For this fun little scene, not one of my images heat embossed flawlessly.  The bat wings have holes in them and the cat has a little birthmark on his shoulder.  I could have fixed them easily with markers, but guess what.....I decided to keep them that way for this card.  To me, sometimes the imperfection of a technique has its own charm.  I like the way these not-quite-right images add to the playfulness.  For other cards, you want that heat embossing to be absolutely spot-on....but for something more casual, a few holes or bubbles are fine.  So, relax!  :)
I hope you have enjoyed my card today.  I'd love for you to join us in the hop.  Read the Hop Guidelines and FAQs here and link-up a cat project through Sunday Nov. 1 on the main page and/or comment on the linked-up projects through Tuesday Nov. 3rd to be in the drawing for the fabulous prizes from our awesome sponsors!!!  

Thanks again for stopping by and for all your sweet comments about my projects and the hop.  You make my cat day!!!


A CHALLENGE AND ANOTHER HOP:
Hey, Cat Lovers, did you see the "Furry Friends" challenge over at Double-Click?  You can enter your Cat Hop projects over there, too!!!  I already see several familiar ones linked up.  :)

Also, if you just can't get enough cat projects and prize opportunities to satisfy your cravings here, there is a National Cat Day Hop over at Haidee's Created 2 B Unique blog.  Did I mention she has a super-fabulous prize package for a random hopper???  Wow!!  Tell her you saw her fun hop mentioned at the Cat Lovers Hop on Her Peaceful Garden.  

Enjoy today and be sure to pet your sweet kitties (and the other ones, too...lol...)!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
In addition to the CAT LOVERS HOP
1.  Verve Stamps Inspiration Challenge - Black, White, and Glam 

2   Craft Rocket Challenge #2 - Spooky
3.  Double Click Challenge - Furry Friends

22 comments:

  1. oh Janis
    your Spooky scene is so so sweeet
    I love that looooong cat
    and lucky you to have him on your stamp set in the drawer
    lovely scene cute cat and really feel halloween here on your card
    thanks for the HOP you organized Janis
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww Janis.... that first cartoon about 'we have bats too' - LOL!!! so funny! Totally in love with your card.... that loooooooooooooooong kitty looks fabby in sparkle!!! So glad you'll do this again next year... I've had so much fun looking at all the other projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the elongated cat . Great card.....Thanks for sharing at Craft Rocket Challenges.,,,,,,,,,.Lis DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so fun. Love that long cat. The bats look great on the vellum. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy National Cat's Day, Janis!!! And thank you for a very fun & inspirational hop.
    I love your scary cute card! And that loooooong cat is a riot! (where are the spiders? haha!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute cat card! I also love imperfections as well, it gives the project that little extra something. Sometimes others do not notice! HEHE! I didn't until you told us.

    Thanks for joining us over at DoubleClick Skittles Challenge!
    Lori
    Guest Designer
    http://loriscraftyspot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love that loooonnnggg kitty and even more with googly eyes!! I didn't even notice his birthmark til you pointed it out and yes, it looks almost natural!

    I really think you're going to hit 100 tomorrow. Wah-hoo! Thanks for the tips on other hops, too. And, as always, thanks for the grins and giggles at the top... it was one of the reasons I started following you so many months ago. >^.^<

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super scene, the moonlit trees look so cool and love the LONG kity!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, that cat from the On Your Mark set always cracks me up! He is obviously quite nervous about making his way past all those bats, and rightly so! Love his cute little "birthmark" on his shoulder (snicker....such a fun way of referring to a heat embossing mishap!). Now I love that cat even more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, Janis! This long kitty is so sweet! I have seen you use him before and he is definitely on my wish list! I collect kitty stamps you know (surprise, surprise!). Your embossing looks amazing - I didn't even notice any flaws until you pointed them out! I like how you made the grass too! Great card and I love that long kitty! Yes, I saw Haidee's hop too and I plan to take part in that one as well! Happy National Cat Day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy National Cat Day Janis!
    It is the most beautiful creation in black theme, incredible job done! I love this cute loooooong embossed cat image with a cute mark! And i adore this beautiful scene very much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy NCD Janis - this Hop is a total hoot and thank you this great idea.
    I really LUV your spooky card and adore that kitty :-D
    Fantastic kitty and bat jokes

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want be a bat cat LOL!
    hahaha
    this is so cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that Sausage Cat! Great fun card. Thanks for sharing with us this fortnight. Lisa DT Craft Rocket Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally awesome card,janyse. Love the background and the bats and the cat just fits right into the card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How perfect.........I too, have lost my eeeeek stamp! Love the looooooooooong cat!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how fun! Love that super long cat and those silly little bats. Thanks for playing along with our Black, White & Glam challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is just spooky fun! Love the great fun scene you created! Nicely done! Thanks for joining us over at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member Carri~Abusybee Skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun card...love that wonderful cat!!! So cute. Thanks for joining us at DoubleClick Skittles.

    Kim
    Skittles DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are just having waaaay too much fun! Haha, I love it. What a cute card! Thanks for joining the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge.

    Terri ~ Skittles Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very spooky. I like the vellum bats and the long cat with googly eyes. It is a great day when I find a long lost stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Soooooooo cute! LOVING the eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for joining us at the DoubleClick Skittles Challenge! DT Member - Julie :)

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis