Thursday, October 8, 2015

Autumn ATCs --- My first ones ever!!






<<<MARK YOUR CALENDARS>>>> 

CAT LOVERS HOP

Oct. 26-30, 2015

Right here at Her Peaceful Garden



Pounce on this Badge for your Blog!!!!
Make me purr by putting this badge on your blog!!!!


Hi, Friends.....

I am here today with my first-ever artist trading cards!!  I made them for the Mark's Finest Papers - Everything Fall Blog Hop Project Challenge, where they asked us to follow one of their tutorials:  Making ATCs or Making Fall Designer Paper.  I thought the ATCs sounded fun and I also happened to have the MFP - ATC Cards stamp set (redundant, I know...but that is what it is called!), so it was perfect!!

For me one of the most unexpected parts of making ATCs was how easy it was to use bits and pieces and odds and ends of little things that I find on my craft table!  You know what I mean, right?  Those little embellishments that don't quite make it back into their rightful home....a sequin, a flower, a couple of hearts, a short strand of fiber?  Perfect for ATCs!!!  I know this is old hat to most of you, but for me it was quite an exciting concept!!  lol....

So....here's my little set of 4 autumn ATCs.  All the paper I used came from my scrap bags.  Yay!!!



I started with one large strip of orange patterned cardstock and layered on some brightly colored K&Co. scraps I had cut into narrow oblong leaf shapes a long time ago.  (I think I intended them to be colorful feathers at the time, but that project never worked out....so now they are leaves!!  Ha.)  After gluing them on, I cut this masterboard background piece into 4 ATC sized cards (2-1/2" X 3-1/2").   I dry embossed two of them with my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder and two with my Darice - Fall Leaf Background folder.  I gently rubbed Distress Ink - Vintage Photo on one of each design with a sponge dauber to accentuate the pattern.

Eeek.....I even masked on the pumpkin and owl one.....  What was I thinking?????  lol....
I painted my owl and pumpkin scene with watercolor pencils and a waterbrush.  Fun!!! 

I double embossed the other one of each design by sponging ink gently over the design and heat embossing with gold powder.  Oh, yum......Love that shimmer!!!

The little foam pumpkin was from a dollar store bag.  I inked and watercolored it a bit and scored some lines for the ridges.  Then I rubbed on some gold glitter glue so it collected in the scored lines.  Love that effect!!!  The punchinella is a crumpled up piece that I have chased around for several weeks....it is always ending up on the floor.  Not anymore!!!  :)  

The Mark's Finest Papers - Halloween Selections was great for these ATCs because of all the various sizes of little Halloween icons.  That's where the owl and all those little acorns came from!  Those are some tiny acorns, let me tell you!  I also used the Mark's Finest Papers - Calendar stamp set for the pumpkin and the "Celebrate" tag.  The "I <3 Fall" is from my Lawn Fawn - Into the Woods stamp set.

I cut a piece of kraft for the backs and personalized each card with the aforementioned Mark's Finest Papers - ATC Cards stamp set, stamped with VersaFine ink in Vintage Sepia and heat embossed with clear powder.  Then I glued them each together and inked around the raw edges.  


Here are a couple of angled shots so you can see the glimmer a bit easier:





So what do you think of my first attempt?  I am pretty pleased with them.  There are a few things I would have done differently, but that's how I learn.  :)  

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you are having a great week!!!  Thank you for your awesome comments.  They are very much appreciated.

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this set of ATCs in the following challenges:
1.   Mark's Finest Papers - Everything Fall Blog Hop Project Challenge
2.   Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Autumn is in the Air
3.   Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #197 - Use Snippets
4.   Craft Stamper October Take It Make It Challenge - Use one or more listed techniques
5.   One Crazy Stamper October Challenge - Christmas, Halloween, or Fall

6.   Simply Create Too Challenge #95 - Autumn Splendor
7.   Try it on Tuesday - Autumn
8.   Mod Squad Challenge - Get Your "Fall" On 


27 comments:

  1. Good job Janis. These are great. Love all the texture. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance Challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful and you did them all with scraps. Amazing! Thanks for playing at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Superb job done as a first time!!!! I didn't try ever! But yours are gorgeous with all beautiful textures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think these are gorgeous! Love the richness and the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janis...this looks like it may be your crafty forte!! Isn't it wonderful how seeing the four of them together are even more beautiful than the individual pieces by themselves? Each one is a little piece of art that stands alone but together they really express the fall season so perfectly. I love all those bits of punchinella, burlap, stamping, texture and shine. This makes me want to grab my stash of odds and ends and play along as well! I just love these!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, I can't believe these are your very first ATC's! Awesome!! Seems like you have a knack for that size. They are gorgeous!!! Thank you so much for joining our October challenge! Nice to see you there :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Atcs! I love the way that you play with this theme! The mix of material gives a special touch to this work! Thank you for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog! Barbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word Janis - these ATCs are fabulous! As Karen says, you may have found your crafting forte - so much lovely detial. And also a brilliant way to use up snippets of course!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great autumn cards! Love these colors and all the pretty details! I saw these over at the Dragonfly Journeys challenge too! Looks great!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are wonderful Janis such vivid colors and just think how tidy your desk surface is using all those scraps....... Glad you joined at MFP...............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  11. very beautiful. And how you capture the golden sparkle.
    thank you for joining at Stamping Sensations this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janis, these are incredibly rich and golden! I love the textures and that each one looks different, even though the background colors are similar. So pretty! I've pinned them :-)
    hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  13. BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Thank you for joining us in the Craft Stamper challenge!
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful ATC's with fabulous textures and details. Love the fantastic colors too.
    Thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super ATC's Janice, so much lovely texture and colours, they are perfect for our themes this month, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More and Stamping Sensations challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous! Thanks so much for taking the time to share with us in this week's challenge. I'm so glad you've joined us, and hope that you will stop by again real soon.
    Blessings,
    karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi again Janis! I'm so glad you entered my challenge again with these stunners! All of the elements like the burlap really put them over the top. Thanks so much again for joining my challenge this week :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous ATC's, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations and Penny Black & More, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did fabulous with your first ATC's! Lovely fall colors and textures. Thanks for joining us this week for the Autumn challenge at the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, more amazing, rich colors. Love these little canvases. Congrats on your first ATCs. They're lovely. Thanks again for joining us at Simply Create Too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous ATCs, Janice. Love those pretty Autumnal colors. Thank you for sharing your them with us at Stamping Sensation.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful ATC's, love the warm colours! Thanks so much for joining us at our monthly challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps!

    Majo - DT ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely ATCs. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ...... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous ATCs and they don't look like your first ever! The rich colour is perfect for autumn, so rich and vibrant. Love t hem.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Aaaah lovely and thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis