Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Baby Card with Add a Little Dazzle




"A kitten with a leaf to chase
Exhibits beauty, form, and grace."

                                                                       -----------------Salvatore Marsiglia
Hi, Friends......

I am here with a fun little baby card I made for a friend's grandbaby.  For my background, I wanted a subtle baby quilt look, so I glued strips of two patterned papers on some cardstock and then cut strips of them horizontally.  By offsetting the patterns, it gave me the quilt square look I wanted. 


I employed my double embossing technique over the layered background by using my Darice - Interlocking Circles folder, then sponging lightly with Versamark, and then heat embossing with white powder.  Thank you to Karen Ladd who named that technique for me...double embossing.  I think it makes my background look even more like a quilt.  What do you think?

I wanted to personalize this card with the baby's name, so I pulled out some ancient alpha stamps.  I stamped her name with Distress Ink-Worn Lipstick and heat embossed with clear powder directly onto some hearts I had punched out of Add a Little Dazzle white craft metal.  Fun!!!


The white metal has almost a blue tone to it, so I chose white, pink, and blue Prima flowers.  To tone the pink and blue down a little bit, I "painted" them with a bit of water and Perfect Pearls (in the original Perfect Pearl color!)A sweet bit of pink and white ribbon and another flower finished everything up.  

Hope you like my card.  It was a lot of fun using my Add a Little Dazzle craft metal.  I need to use it more often!!!  

Thanks for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate each and every comment!!!  Have a very lovely mid-week!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Add a Little Dazzle Dazzling Diva Challenge #60 - Flowers or Anything Goes
2.  A Blog Named Hero - Challenge Time - Personalize
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
4.  Inspired By Stamping - Monthly Blog Challenge - IBSIC #90
5.  DL.Art January Linky Challenge - Anything Goes  

20 comments:

  1. A beautiful card. I love the quilt effect. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Liz!! Maybe I should have chosen two patterned papers that contrasted a little more....and it would have looked more "quilty". I appreciate your visit and your kind words!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. This is so pretty and elegant. I love it.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes January Linky Party. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diana!! You are amazing how you get around to visiting all the cards linked up to your challenges....and make cards for Unity FWF and comment on each of them, too.....and all the other things you do!!! WOW! I appreciate your nice comments.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Wow Janis, this really does look like a beautiful quilt! The paper strip technique, combined with those interlocking circles (which look like a wedding ring quilt pattern) combine perfectly in this design. Love how you toned down the flower colors with the Perfect Pearls, which had the added effect of giving it sparkle! Kudos to you for using both metal AND alphabet stamps!! Your card can be a real keepsake for the parents of this little girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen!!! Maybe I should have "debossed" instead of "embossed" with the folder.....that would have made it look more like the quilt was stitched. I'll have to try that sometime.

      Those crazy alphabet stamps are not centered on their foam pads and it was a challenge to get them looking decent on the hearts. I should have stamped first and punched around them like I saw (after the fact) that Liz at Crafty Sunflower did on her adorable "It's a Girl!" card.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
    2. Yes, that is a big problem with using alphabet stamps that are not clear. I almost gave up on using mine years ago, but then I started doing what you suggest..stamping first and then cutting. However, I still prefer clear stamps, but don't know how they would work on metal. Probably not give as good an impression. That said, I actually think the slightly off center letters add to the charm!

      Delete
    3. I'm not always much better with clear stamps!!! Ha.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Beautiful quilt background. I think I will have to share this technique with my stamp group--they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue!! It always makes me feel really good when you see something on my blog you might share with your group.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Reagan! A very pretty name and a lovely card
    Janis you may get a message that was meant for another DT on CC .(mistake)
    It is sad that MFP does not get enough support to keep up all the challenges but for months there have been no more that three or four entries per challenge Now the winner of the stamp set is chosen from all the challenges on the site Hope it works or there could be more cuts....Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lis. I wish there were more participation in the MFP challenges, too! You and all the other designers make the most beautiful and creative cards. I always enjoy seeing everyone's work.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh, this is SO sweet and cute!!! LOVE the texture and shine--amazing! Totally darling! Thanks for joining us at Inspired By Stamping! HUGS and happy weekend! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mynn. Your kind words are so encouraging!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Visiting from A Blog Named Hero where they posted you won with this wonderful personalized baby card. Like the quilt look & personalization. Congrats.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melissa!!! Thank you, also, for letting me know I was drawn as the lucky winner. You had AWESOME entries into this challenge!!! BTW....I love it when gals with the name Melissa have honeybees in their usernames or blogs. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Love that embossed background, Janis! Beautiful colors! So happy you could join us at the Dazzling Diva challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lee-Anne!!!! I appreciate you stopping by!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Very cute! Thanks so much for joining the anything goes challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jingle. It's so nice of you to leave such sweet comments on your rounds!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis