Saturday, January 24, 2015

Waffle Flower Challenge - 2 Thank You So Much



"Owning a cat is a lot like being an American tourist in a fancy French restaurant -- you will be overcharged, you will likely be insulted, but, to you, it's worth it."


Hi, Friends......

I am back with my second entry into the super-fun challenge from Waffle Flower.








This time, my card is more like my normal style.  I used elements from my DCWV - Solstice stack and dry embossed the layered piece with my Darice Checkered folder. 


I love this layered embossing technique!!  You can see the detail better in the photos below.








I layered some lovely Prima flowers in the palette colors for pretty embellishments.



My cute little sentiment is from Lil Inker - Rainbows and Clouds Sentiments.  I use this set a lot!!!  I stamped it in Distress Ink - Chipped Sapphire.


I mounted my card front on a simple white card base and called it good.  Since I already had the background prepared ahead of time as a "card starter", this little project went together very quickly (for me!).

I want to thank Nina at Waffle Flower for the lovely challenge that inspired me to enter.  And....I want to thank each of you for stopping by and leaving all your encouraging comments.  You are the best!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Waffle Flower Photo Inspiration Challenge January 12-25, 2015
2. Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #167 - Anything Goes
3. Add a Little Dazzle - Dazzling Diva Challenge #59 - Music or Anything Goes
4. Vandicrafts Artistry Challenge - January 2015 - Anything Goes


12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, and I love the background texture. Thanks so much for sharing in our challenge this week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I appreciate your sweet comment!!! Have a very lovely week!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Love the textured feel of the layered embossing. Thanks for playing along with us at the WFC inspiration challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Jennifer!!! I love that texture, too!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Beautiful--I like the layered embossing technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue!!! I love the look (and feel!) of that technique. Thanks for stopping in and always leaving such nice comments!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I appreciate your visit!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. This is just adorable! I love that embossing folder combined with patterned paper! This is one of my favorite go-to color combos and always makes for a crisp and cheery card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen!! Here I am so behind on my replies again!! This *does* look like one of your color combos. Your deep red/navy blue and white cards are just awesome!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Sweet card! I also love your cat pic ... that is totally my cat lol! :) Thank you for sharing on January's Artistry Challenge. Melissa - Vandicrafts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha....I think cats have an internal timer that starts when they hear the crunchies hit the bowl and silently dings 30 minutes later. "Time's up for that old expired food. I'm hungry now. And don't try just putting a couple fresh stars on top of that disgusting mess that's in there right now! Meow."
      Cats. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis