Friday, January 30, 2015

Bright Flowers with Add a Little Dazzle



"If a fish is the movement of water embodied, given shape, then a cat is a diagram and pattern of subtle air."
                                                                          ---------------Doris Lessing

Hi, Friends........

I am back with my second post of the evening with another entry in this week's Unity Friends with Flair.  I used the same amazing color palette from Waffle Flower Photo Inspiration Challenge:






I also used the same flower stamps from the Unity - Celebrate in Style itty bitty set, but I didn't use the sentiment this time.  I stamped them with Memento - London Fog ink and colored them with some super-bright Spectrum Noir markers.  LOVE!  I covered them with Glossy Accents to add to the fun. 

I made my background by selecting some scraps in the correct colors and arranging them in a blocky pattern, inking the edges with Distress Ink - Fired Brick.  I LOVE the riot of colors and patterns!!  And love that I was able to use scraps!!!  :)  You can see the shine from the Glossy Accents and the sparkly papers in the photo below. 



I embellished my card with a shiny flower I die cut from Add a Little Dazzle pink and white craft metal sheets, using my Spellbinders Heartfelt Creations - Majestic Blooms die set.  I wanted the blossom to match my palette a little closer, so I colored the innermost craft metal layer with one of the Spectrum Noir markers that I used on my image.  I used the same marker to ink around the cut edges of the petals on the pink layer.


Do you like how this one turned out???  Which of the two do you like better?  I love these super-fun and happy colors and images!!!  

Thanks so much for your visit and each of your lovely comments.  Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Unity Friday Friends with Flair Linky 
2.  Waffle Flower Challenge - Jan 26 to Feb 9 - Photo Inspiration Challenge  

3.  Add a Little Dazzle Dazzling Diva Challenge #60 - Flowers or Anything Goes 
4.  Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Week #161 - Use Snippets
 

34 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Anne!!! The gloss makes such a fun shine. I love it, too.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. This is soooo pretty. Love all the shiny goodness and Add a Little Dazzle metal flower. Thanks for sharing.
    {I came over from the Unity Friends with Flair challenge}
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dawn. The Add a Little Dazzle is sure fun!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. CUTE! Love the gloss! I found you on Unity's Friday Friends With Flair. http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/2015/01/friday-friends-with-flair-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lagene. I appreciate your visit!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. More pretty flowers. I like the touch of shine on these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gaylynn. Your comment is much appreciated!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. So pretty - love the flowers and the shine.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iris!! It was so sweet of you to drop in.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous flowers there Janis! The gloss makes sich a different, amazing!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Di! I love that gloss.....so much fun!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. such pretty glossy additions to this one. loved both of your cards this week, janis! the colors make me wish for spring!! and...um...your little photosup there are killing me! thanks for cracking me up today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, Donna!! It made my day!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Both cards are so colorful and happy, Janis! And, wow, the shimmer and sheen on this one is just magnificent!! Have a great day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darnell!!! You are a dear for coming round to visit and always leaving such encouraging comments!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. I really like the glossy accents ... I find it so hard to have the patience for it to dry, I can't imagine how'd I be able to make one like this! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katherine. I absolutely know what you mean abt having the patience to wait for the GA to dry. One time....and I do mean ONE time and one time ONLY.....I tried hastening the process of the GA drying by zapping with my heat gun. Oh, what a mistake!!! What a bubbly, gooey mess!!! Hahahaha. I now have a note written directly on my GA bottle.... "NO Heat Tool!" (Just in case I get that bright idea again, sometime when I am not thinking straight....like all the time!) :D

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. Bright and Happy! Great colors and the Glossy Accents looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tanya!! I am so glad you liked my card!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. I like all the sparkle and shine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue! You know how I can not resist putting something shiny or sparkly on my cards!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  12. Wonderful bright colors! Love the flowers! So happy you could join us at the Dazzling Diva challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lee-Anne! Really loved seeing how I could use the Add a Little Dazzle craft metal in my projects last week!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  13. Great card and i love all the shine on the flowers. Thanks for playing along at add a little dazzle.
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kate!! It was fun doing those flowers!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  14. Super adorable and so fun! Love all the shine and texture and the way you used the same stamp set for two very different designs. Oh, and I cracked up at your Witness Protection cartoon with the chicken! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen!!! I had fun making the two different cards. Glad you liked the chicken funny. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  15. This feels very retro to me BIG 70 flower power > I love what you did here Good job..............Lis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes....Flower Power came to my mind, too, when I was making this. :) Thanks for stopping by!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  16. Another fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Photo Challenge again! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shelly!!!! I appreciate your visit!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  17. So so pretty!! Thanks for playing along in the WFC challenge!!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis