Friday, January 30, 2015

Celebrate in Style - Friends with Flair

"A cat has absolute emotional honesty: human beings for one reason or another, may hide their feelings but a cat does not."
                                                                              -------------------Ernest Hemingway




Hi, Friends......

I have two cards to share today for Friends with Flair.  I was going to combine them onto the same post because I used the same stamp for both of them, but they ended up quite different from each other.....so I am giving them each a post of their own.  :)

I pulled out my Unity - Celebrate in Style Itty Bitty set and it immediately transported me back into the 70s....when I would draw loopy flowers in all sorts of bright colors all over my school papers and notebooks....with Flair pens. (Who out there will own up to remembering the original Flairs??? :) I don't care what papercrafters nowadays think flair refers to, in my book a Flair is a felt-tipped pen! Ha.)

This stamp set is just way too much fun.  And then....when I teamed it up with the fabulous color palette from the current Waffle Flower Challenge, I knew I had to go retro!!!!  Here's the palette I used:

 I stamped the image and sentiment on cardstock with Memento - Tuxedo Black and watercolored the flowers with my waterbrush and Distress Inks - Fired Brick, Ripe Persimmon, Picked Raspberry.

I finished the card with a few little sequins and matted the focal panel with pink and mounted it on a white card base.

I really love how this card turned out.  The colors and flowers make me so happy!!!  Hope you like it, too!!!

<3
Janis

Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  Unity Friday Friends with Flair Linky 
2.  Waffle Flower Challenge - Jan 26 to Feb 9 - Photo Inspiration Challenge 
3.  Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes 
4.  Simon Says Stamp Work it Wednesday - January 2015

34 comments:

  1. What a fun, happy card! Love the colors you used and those flowers are so cute - great card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tanya!! These are such fun colors to play with!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Very cute card and super cute kitty. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy!! I appreciate your visit and comment. Also, thank you for mentioning my kitty picture. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. GREAT take on the color challenge! Love the flower images and how you colored them! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Virginia!! Your encouraging comment made me so very happy. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Great card for that inspiration piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary Anne!! I appreciate your comment. I was really trying to go for the photo inspiration as well as the colors, so I am glad somebody noticed!!! :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. I confess to both using those pens AND creating doodle flowers. lol. {wait I still doodle those flowers. lol.} Your card is perfect. Thanks for sharing and for the trip down memory lane.
    {I came over from the Unity Friends with Flair challenge}
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha!!! Someone else who wasn't born yesterday! :) Flair pens were quite revolutionary at the time......really the beginning of the "marker" craze. Thank you, Dawn, for your lovely comment.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Lovely card, I saw the gloss one first, but I think I like this one best! I found you on Unity's Friday Friends With Flair. http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/2015/01/friday-friends-with-flair-linky.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lagene!! I am still undecided which one I like better. They are both just so much fun!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Great floral card Janis. Love the sentiment as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gaylynn!! It's funny abt that sentiment....I can't tell you how many times I looked at that stamp and did NOT see the little tiny word "in". I couldn't quite figure out what "Celebrate Style" meant, although I kind of liked it, too. It was only when I was looking at this last week that I noticed it said "Celebrate in Style". Do you think I need my head, I mean my eyes, examined???? Ha.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. So pretty - love the flowers.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card and...that kitty sitting all alone...kinda made me crack up! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna!! I love it when people like my little pictures and funnies at the top. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. Janis I love this! The colors are fabulous and the sequins are a fun finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura, for taking the time to stop by and leave your sweet comment. You are a sweetheart!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue!! I have been having fun with these bright colors.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice comment, Miwa!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  13. Haha...I certainly remember Flair pens and I agree that FLair will always mean marker pens to me as well. This was the perfect take on the Waffle Flower inspiration! The circular shapes and colors echo those adorably happy flowers on your card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could count on you to remember the Flair pens!! Ha. :) Thanks so much for your wonderful comment!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  14. Super sweet card! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Photo Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shelly, for your nice words!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  15. Super cuteness!! Thanks for playing along in the WFC Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you, Tenia!!! I appreciate your nice comment so much!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis