Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Rainbow Get Well Soon




"The trouble with cats is that they've got no tact."
                                       ------------- P. G. Wodehouse    
                                                        (Anybody else like Jeeves & Wooster???)

Hi, Friends.......

I am here today with a cheery little get well card.  I made this for the MFP Speedy Fox and Friends "Make a Rainbow" Challenge
I was inspired by a card I saw recently that had a doily for a sunrise.  Unfortunately, I didn't pin the card and I don't remember whose it was.  ARRRRRGH!!!  If any of you happen to know the one I am thinking of, please leave me a note in the comments because it was a truly wonderful card and I would love to recognize the artist.

For my rainbow, I followed the natural arc of my doily and masked off each band of color using my Kiwi Lane Designs Rings - 2 template.  I started with my red band and heat embossed with clear powder before progressing to the next color.  I used Distress Inks - Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Salty Ocean, and Seedless Preserves.


The little clouds at the ends of the rainbow are from scraps of doily, backed with some of the "center" of the doily.  I sponged Memento - London Fog ink over the little clouds and then Versamarked them and heat embossed with white to bring out the doily detail. You can see them better in the photo below.
My background is blue cardstock that I dry embossed with my brand-new Darice Cloudy Sky folder.  Then I brayered over it with Versamark and heat embossed with Wow! white embossing powder.  

My sentiment is from Mark's Finest Papers - Above the Rest stamp set.  I stamped it on a scrap of cardstock in Memento - Tuxedo Black and then fed the ends straight into some decorative corner scissors to give the fancy edge.  I hadn't ever tried doing this on a straight edge before, but it was easy and I like the effect!  The edges are inked with Distress Ink - Salty Ocean.

Hope you like my card.  I am delighted with how it turned out.....one of the few times my mind's concept and the finished result actually match!  Ha!!  Have a wonderful week!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1.  MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge #245 
2.  Tuesday Throwdown Challenge #228 - Embossing
3.  DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #148

4.  Pixie's Snippets Playground Week 160 - Use snippets/scraps
5.  Word Art Wednesday Challenge #166 - Anything Goes 

26 comments:

  1. Very pretty rainbow and card. Thank you for sharing with us at MFP Speedy Fox and Friends Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vickie!! Your sweet words mean a lot to me!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful. I love the embossed clouds and the super, fun and colorful rainbow. Thank you for joining us for the Speedy Fox challenge and for sharing your pretty card with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I appreciate you taking the time to visit and leave your nice comment!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Love how you made this card! I will have to try this. I think I saw the card you were inspired by. If I come across it again I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue!!! I appreciate your very lovely comment.

      Also, I am so glad you saw that same card that inspired me.....was it on Friends with Flair???? I'll have to go look. Doesn't seem like it was an entry, but maybe on one of the blogs that did have an entry. Not sure. You and I frequent the same blogs and giveaways, so it could have been ANYWHERE!!! Ha! Please LMK if you find it. Thanks!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. Perfect Rainbow How clever that is and beautiful . Thanks for sharing at SFF MFP......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Janis! This is really stunning - very clever indeed to use part of a doily for the rainbow, and so perfectly executed as well! So pleased to see you using the Darice cloud folder here as well - I have one on order (plus a spare for the Playground toy box) and it's the first time I think I've seen it actually being used - great stuff!!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Di!! I appreciate your kind comments and you mentioning the cloud emb folder. I haven't seen it used very many times, either. I was pleased with how it turned out using the white heat embossing. Thank you for dropping in and, also, thanks for all the inspiration and (of course) all the wonderful goodies you offer on your challenge site!! So much fun!!! Hugs to you.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. How beautiful and creative! Love the use of the doily.
    Thanks for joining us this week at Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane!!! Your visit and comments are so very much appreciated!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  7. Wow love your card. What a fantastic idea. I love these challenges as you get such a variety of ideas. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Throwdown Embossing Challenge.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Linda!! Your kind words made my day!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. Beautiful card. Love the white embossing. It makes the clouds pop. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

    Kim -TTDT
    Lily Patch Stamps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim!!! I appreciate you stopping by.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Very clever card, great way to use a doily! Love your cloudy background too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy. Your lovely comment means so much to me!!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. Oh my. I LOVE this! What a wonderful way to create a rainbow. I love the doily idea and your pretty sky and fluffy clouds. This is just great. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna!!! I am so glad you stopped by. Your sweet words are very encouraging to me!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Janis, this is just wonderful! There are so many things I love about this card that I can't even list them all. I will start, however, with that embossed cloud background. I think I have the embossing folder but now that I saw how you added the versamark and EP I'm definitely pulling it out to try. Beautiful results and great texture..WOW! Then, let me say that the rainbow doily is beyond amazing! The colors make it look like fabric trim and those doily clouds are adorable. All that heat embossing makes them even more textured...another WOW! (and I'm not just saying that because you used Wow embossing powder..!) So, as if that were not enough, you did that creative thing with the decorative corner scissors to add a shaped edge to your sentiment strip. This is going down on my list of Favorites By Janis for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks.....Karen. You always have so many nice things to say abt my cards. It makes me go back and look at my own cards to see the things you noticed that I didn't!!! Ha. Thank you for all your sweet comments, my friend!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  12. Oh yes, and that cartoon about the senior citizen computer guru (ha!!) just cracks me up! Great way to start the day with a giggle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.....I still crack up over that one!!!! So funny.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  13. Using the doily for the rainbow is so fun and I love the detail it brings. It's such a wonderful, cheerful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us on Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine!!! This has been a really fun challenge for me.

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis