Monday, January 26, 2015

White on White


Somehow this seemed right for a white on white post.

"Black cat or white cat:  If it can catch mice, it's a good cat."
                                                            ------------Chinese Proverb

Would you like to help me win some new crafty goodies????  Please vote for my project HERE  (it is #2) through Jan. 31, 2015.  THANKS!!!


Hello, Friends......

I am intrigued with the "Only White" challenge over at MFP Speedy Fox & Friends.  I am just playing along for fun and not for a prize over there, but still wanted to try my first ever white on white card.


I dry embossed some extra thick white cardstock with my Darice "Flowers and Vines Pattern" folder.  Then, I brayered some Tombow Multi Mono Liquid Glue (green and white bottle) over the raised pattern and brushed on some Perfect Pearls in the "Perfect Pearl" color. (lol...Can't they just say original or something?)

I prepared my background with a couple of kinds of thrift store lace.  I used my Xyron 3" sticker maker to adhere the wide pieces and Tombow glue for the center strip.  I had been looking for a chance to use this pretty lace!!!  :)  (More somehow, eventually stash stuff!!  hehehee!)

Using a stencil, I traced a heart on the back and cut the shape out with scissors.  I filled my shaker compartment with iridescent sequins (they refract with a pinkish color, but are actually white), glitter, and seed beads.  So pretty!!!

 
I finished up the card with the last two gorgeous Pink Paislee butterflies that I had left from a prize.  I had been hoarding them, but this seemed the right card for them!  Yay....one supply used up!  One hundred million to go.....  ;)

I had a lot of fun making this "Only White" card and I really love how it turned out.  I'll keep it on hand for a wedding card.    Tell me what you think of it in the comments and I will smile all day long!!!! 

Have a lovely day!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart
2. Add a Little Dazzle - Dazzling Diva Challenge #59 - Music or Anything Goes
3. We Do Doobadoo - Challenge #2 - Romance
4. Bunny Zoe's Crafts - January Challenge - Hearts
5. Crafty Boots Challenges - January 2015 - Butterflies

23 comments:

  1. Well done, very pretty. I want to have a go at this. It's an interesting challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail. I know you will do an awesome project for the Only White challenge. Can't wait to see it!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  2. This card is fabuloso! You did an outstanding job. Yes, it will make a perfect wedding card; a keepsake, too. Thank you for giving directions on how to make our own. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Tricia Ann! What a lovely comment. You made my day!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  3. Fab shaker card and lovely embossing. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Dionne!! This was a fun one to make!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  4. I think it is gorgeous and perfect for a special wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just voted for your card too.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Sue!! Also, thanks so much for voting for my card. :)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  5. Really beautiful!! I love all the white and the cut out heart with the inside shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Davi! Your visit and comment mean a lot to me!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  6. Lovely So much detail and such a beautiful card Thanks for sharing at MFP.......Lis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janis I am not seeing your card white only on MFP I do follow you by email so saw it there .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lis. I did npt link this up at MFP because I don't care for the prize being offered this week, but the challenge looked like so much that I played along just for fun only. I left a comment acknowledging the inspiration and linking over to here, but apparently my comment didn't get past the moderator. (sigh...)

      I appreciate you following by email more than I can say. I feel that it is a tremendous privilege for someone to allow my posts to arrive in their inbox. So tons of thanks to you for being an email follower. Hugs!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  8. So pretty! It almost looks like your panel is knit together. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cheiron! It was fun to work with those pieces of lace!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  9. Oooh, all that lacy trim and the combination of techniques makes for a gorgeous piece of art! I'm imagining this mounted on the front of a wedding album...it's so beautiful! That touch of Perfect Pearls on the embossing makes it even more elegant and gives a great contrast between the embossed panel and the fabric lace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Karen. I have so much lacy trim that I need to make about 1000 of these cards!! Ha.

      I wish I could have taken better photos of this card. Everytime I tried.....it was always so shadowy. Now, if I lived in CA I could take the photos outside......except then all my cats would be walking in front of the card! Hmmm....maybe not. (sigh...)

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  10. I love all the texture on your card, and the butterflies are simply gorgeous! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris!!!! I really appreciate your very kind comments!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much, Lou!!! This was a fun one to make!!!

    <3
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful project, love all the texture, thanks so much for joining our Romance challenge at http://wedodoobadoo.blogspot.co.uk/
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Claire. I appreciate you coming by to visit!!!

      <3
      Janis

      Delete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis