|This kitty has her dragon purr-fectly trained.|
I am here with a dragon card I made for this week's MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge. (My card doesn't really have anything to do with the movie that I referenced in the title of this post, I just thought "Dragon Card" seemed a little uninspiring!) This week at MFP, Pat gave us an interesting tutorial to follow where you block off your image in black and make a squiggle frame. Even my best attempts at straight lines end up being squiggles, so that part was right up my alley!! :)
I used the dragon image from my Mark's Finest Papers - Lucky You stamp set. He's a majestic creature, but coloring him and the black block was a labor of love! I used gel pens to color each individual dragon scale in shimmering reds and gold. Do you like him on the kraft? The tutorial did not specify that you had to use white cardstock, and I thought kraft suited him better. I used Versafine ink in Onyx Black and heat embossed him with clear powder so the black lines wouldn't disappear into the block pattern.
Other supplies used: Mark's Finest Papers - Works of Art stamp set,
(I used the Chinese character background stamp on my red panel. I needed something to make that subtle polka dot pattern more Oriental!! Now you can't even tell it has dots behind there. Yay!)
Distress Ink - Brushed Corduroy, Fired Brick, thrift store gold and red twines.
Hope you like my card. Thank you, as always, for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments.
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. MFP Speedy Fox & Friends Challenge #7
2. The Male Room Challenge #28 - Oriental
3. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #174 - Pink, Red, Hearts, or Any Combination of One or More
4. Ribbon Girls February Challenge - Any Card
5. One Crazy Stamper February Challenge - Anything Goes
6. DRS Designs Challenge #213 - Hot or Cold
7. DL.Art February Linky Party Challenge - Anything Goes
8. Crafting with Dragonflies Challenge #50 - Any Card
9. Craft Stamper Take It Make It February Challenge - Text Me