|So what does this say about someone who has cat hair AND real glitter all over???? Ha!|
I am here with a sparkly valentine to share with you. Do you recognize this background as very similar one to what I used for my Mixed Media Valentine??? This one also has hearts punched from scraps and dry embossing with the Darice - Ranunculus folder, and sponged with Distress Ink in Fired Brick.
This time, instead of using heat embossing, I was inspired by this fun idea I saw on a YouTube from Unity about making a glittery edge. I laid down a border of Glossy Accents and sprinkled the Bronze Glass Glitter from the Stampendous Encrusted Jewels Frantage Kit - Bronze over it. (I don't use my poor neglected Frantage kits nearly often enough. I really love them, but seem to use other things.) Next, I added a few more dots of GA here and there and sprinkled on some thrift store black heart confetti. I love the gorgeous sparkle under the hearts!!!
I used more of my delicious black velvet ribbon and......I just noticed....I am really liking diagonals lately! Hmmm....not sure what got me started on those. lol....
I added another focal piece "thing" that came with the red "thing" in my last project. I don't know what you call these things!!! Ha. I don't think I have any of these things left....so I probably will discover their real name now!
I layered up some Prima flowers and attached a Quick Quotes brad in their antique color. (Thanks, QQ!!!) Then I matted the panel with black cardstock and mounted everything on a shimmery charcoal card base.
Hope you like my card. Thank you for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. A Colorful Journey February Challenge - Show Some Neglected Art Supplies Some Love
2. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart
3. Eclectic Ellapu - Love Actually
4. Craftin' Desert Divas Linky Party - Hearts
5. Country View Challenges February - Make Your Own Background
6. 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge #284 - Love
7. Amusing Challenge - Hearts
8. Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #43 - Queen of Hearts
9. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #219 - Anything Goes Family Friendly
10. Ribbon Girls February Challenge - Any Card
11. Cards in Envy - From the Heart
12. Double D Challenges - Pretty Pink Hearts
13. DL.Art Thankful Thursday Challenge #173 - Anything Valentine
14. Mod Squad Challenge - Hearts and/or Flowers
15. Little Scrap Pieces Show it Off Saturday Linky Party