I am here with a pretty card I made for Mrs. A's Butterfly Challenge. The challenge this time is Butterfly + S for Stamping and/or S for Sapphire. How could I resist that prompt????
I pulled out some super-shiny foil holographic sheets my son gave me for Christmas (THANKS, James!) and started die cutting with my Serendipity - Floral Butterfly dies. (This plastic material is a bit tricky to cut, so some of the intricate butterflies didn't cut all the way through. I think I see a mixed media project in the future for those hapless partially-metamorphosed creatures that resulted!)
|I wish the pale silver sentiment showed up better here. It says: "Sending prayers your way"|
Other supplies used include:
My Favorite Things Die-namics - Stitched Oval STAX die set
Memory Box - Gwyneth Flourish
Distress Inks - Chipped Sapphire, Pumice Stone
Silver embossing powder
Scraps from my stash for the die cut oval and the sentiment panel
Hope you enjoyed my card. It took me forever (and I do mean 4-ever!) to make it, but I have lots of die cuts and coordinating things leftover to use another time. lol.... Anyway, I totally LOVE how it turned out.
Thank you for visiting and leaving your sweet comments!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Mrs A's Butterfly Challenge - Butterfly + S is for Stamping and/or Sapphire (I used both of the S prompts.)
2. Pixie's Snippets Playground Week #216 - Use Snippets
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Shake it Up (I shook some embossing powder on, and my butterfly wings flap if you shake the card. Hope that counts!)
4. One Crazy Stamper February Challenge - Anything Goes
5. Serendipity Stamps Challenge #52 - Anything Goes
6. Shopping Our Stash Challenge #239 - Fantastic Plastic (The butterfly is made out of a plastic holographic foil material.)
7. Addicted to Stamps Challenge #120 - Die Cuts
8. Little Scrap Pieces Show-it-off Saturday Linky Party
9. DL.Art February Linky Party Challenge - Anything Goes
10. Word Art Wednesday Challenge #220 - Anything Goes Family Friendly