So......there I was on my way to look at the latest Color My Heart Color Dare challenge......when I noticed last week's color challenge there (which overlaps this week's challenge to give you two full weeks to play). Look at these wonderful colors.....slightly Christmasy, but definitely non-traditional:
I was enthused about making another One Layer Card because of the warm comments you have left on my other attempt at an OLC card HERE (Thank you so much!).....and I had a stamp I wanted to try out.
To my shame, this wonderful Penny Black - Berry Bevy stamp lay uninked in my stash for waaaaaay too long. I masked off the edges of my card and heat embossed the image before sponging the sky and watercoloring the berries. I added a tiny bit of shimmer to the berries with Wink of Stella, but you can't see it in the photo.
Products used include:
Penny Black - Berry Bevy stamp
The Craft's Meow - Rustic Greetings (discontinued) for the sentiment
Versafine ink - Toffee
Clear embossing powder
Distress Ink in Evergreen Bough and Fired Brick
Zig - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen
I really like how this turned out. Do these colors look too odd for a Christmas card? I hope not. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Color My Heart Color Dare #296 - Toffee, Juniper, and Pomegranate
2. Penny Black Saturday Challenge June - Anything Goes opt. Masculine (use PB focal image)
3. Christmas Cards All Year 'Round June Challenge - Non-traditional Colors
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #390 - AG Christmas opt. non-traditional colors
5. Crimbo Crackers Challenge #160 - AG Christmas
6. TCP Tuesday Challenge #347 - Outdoors
7. Craft Stamper June TIMI Challenge - AG with a Stamp
8. Time Out Challenge #111 - Holiday w/ Twist: One Layer