Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Season's Greetings - Another One-Layer Card





Hi, Friends......

So......there I was on my way to look at the latest Color My Heart Color Dare challenge......when I noticed last week's color challenge there (which overlaps this week's challenge to give you two full weeks to play). Look at these wonderful colors.....slightly Christmasy, but definitely non-traditional:





I was enthused about making another One Layer Card because of the warm comments you have left on my other attempt at an OLC card HERE (Thank you so much!).....and I had a stamp I wanted to try out.

To my shame, this wonderful Penny Black - Berry Bevy stamp lay uninked in my stash for waaaaaay too long. I masked off the edges of my card and heat embossed the image before sponging the sky and watercoloring the berries. I added a tiny bit of shimmer to the berries with Wink of Stella, but you can't see it in the photo.


Products used include:
Penny Black - Berry Bevy stamp
The Craft's Meow - Rustic Greetings (discontinued) for the sentiment
Versafine ink - Toffee
Clear embossing powder
Distress Ink in Evergreen Bough and Fired Brick
Zig - Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Brush Pen

I really like how this turned out. Do these colors look too odd for a Christmas card? I hope not. Thank you so much for stopping by!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Color My Heart Color Dare #296 - Toffee, Juniper, and Pomegranate
2. Penny Black Saturday Challenge June - Anything Goes opt. Masculine (use PB focal image)
3. Christmas Cards All Year 'Round June Challenge - Non-traditional Colors
4. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #390 - AG Christmas opt. non-traditional colors
5. Crimbo Crackers Challenge #160 - AG Christmas
6. TCP Tuesday Challenge #347 - Outdoors
7. Craft Stamper June TIMI Challenge - AG with a Stamp
8. Time Out Challenge #111 - Holiday w/ Twist: One Layer

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Janis...I LOVE this card! The one-layer design is stunning and I'm so impressed with your masked edging. Those non-traditional colors are perfect, and really elegant and soothing to the eye. I need to go check out your other one-layer card next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love this Janis, what a great Christmas card. Love the stamp and the colours. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Janis! The way you used the challenge colors with the stamped image and masking create a perfect winter scene. Thank you for sharing with us at Color My Heart Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, Janis! I'll admit that one layer cards are not in my comfort zone but you've done a terrific job using the Color Dare challenge colors in this holiday season card. Thanks for joining us at the Color Dare challenge--hope you can join us again soon!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you pulled these colors into a Christmas card, beautifully done, CAS and great interpretation of these colors. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare, and please come back for future color challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH, I'd never thought of these as Christmas colors...I just might have to play around with them some more. Thanks for joining us at the Color My Heart Color Dare and your support of Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another brilliant design!! I too am guilty of having stamps go unused for a while and its always fab when you get to chance to ink it up!! Love the colours you used and once again this could be a card for man or woman. You might have to start doing one-layer cards all the time!! Wonderful to see you again at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card and lovely stamp. Thank you for sharing at Christmas Crafts All Year Round.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad you inked up this beauty of a stamp, stunning results! I love the peaceful feel of this card. Great stamping and inking! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another fabulous design ... love the colours. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Christmas card!
    Thanks so much for playing at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis