Monday, June 25, 2018

Butterfly Thank You for Double Trouble


This 19-yr old kitty changed his hair color!!  He used to be solid black, but his coat is now marbled due to a harmless and rare condition.  You can read about this kitty and his unusual coat HERE.  My sweet Jetta doesn't have that condition, but at age 15 her solid black coat is getting more and more flecked with white hairs...and now she has one white whisker.  <3


Hi, Friends......

I am here with a bright and cheery thank you card that changed colors on the photo!! lol.... I am such a novice when it comes to photography. Even with photo editing software, I can't get the colors right!! Arrrgh. So you will have to bear with me.   And if the color challenges I am entering this in don't accept it, I will understand.  I am also new to these "ALL and ONLY" color challenges where you can't use anything but those colors, but have to use them all. 

Are you aware of a super-fun new challenge blog called Double Trouble??? If you like Dr. Seuss (oh, yes we do, we do, we do!) and if you like challenges with twists (twists are nice, so very nice!) and if you like to pile on an extra challenge or two or three (that's for me, yes..that's for me!) then you will LOVE Double Trouble with Thing One, Thing Two, and even Thing Three! What a delight!!!


This fortnight's Double Trouble Challenge is a color challenge..... wherein lies my photo editing trouble!!! Seems that Things 1, 2, & 3 have changed their hair colors and my camera has done the same thing!!! We are to match those colors (all and only) on our projects. The twist is "String Things" (still with the hair theme, I guess...lol) and the colors happen to be the same ones as over at the current Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge!!









I carefully peeled off some of the background of the burlap to fray it for the String Twist.....however, in order for the stringy burlap background to look even close to the actual in real life color, the butterfly turned much darker and blue-r than it actually is in real life. Arrrrgh. It doesn't look like it goes with this color challenge at all. :(

And....don't even ASK why the piece of burlap is soooooooooo totally off-grain.....I cut it straight, but every piece in the stack is wonky that way. I am just going to say it is ARTY!!! Ha. So that's my story and I am sticking to it.


Products used include:
Lil' Inker - Rainbows and Clouds Sentiment stamp set
Tsukineko - Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa
DCWV Colored Burlap Stack
Dollar Store Butterfly
Doily from stash

I hope that you will join me over at the Double Trouble Challenge. SO.MUCH.FUN!!!! Thank you for stopping by today. Have a great week!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Double Trouble Challenge #3 - I am participating in Thing 1 (color challenge), Thing 2 (Color My Heart), and Thing 3 (String Things with my stringy burlap) YAY!!
2. Color my Heart Color Dare #297 - Nutmeg, Glacier, and Sorbet
3. Power Poppy June Challenge - Let's Go Round and Round
4. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #230 - Wedding or Thank You
5. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Bright and Cheerful
6. Creative With Stamps Challenge #27 - Cute Animals















7. Butterfly Challenge #102 - Letter V (I used Butterflies + Vermillion)


8. Double D Challenge - Butterflies
 

16 comments:

  1. Its very pretty Janis and I know what you mean about the colours changing when photographing them. I find that hard to achieve too and I don't have photo editing software.
    At ant rate, it looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card. I like the contrast of the elegant doily and the rustic burlap. Thanks for sharing at Creative With Stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the frayed look of the canvas and what a lovely doily for your beautiful butterfly to be resting upon. Thank you for sharing with us at DOUBLE TROUBLE and combining it with the ColorMyHeart Color Dare Challenge. Please come back to Color Dare for other color challenges, but don't leave Double Trouble behind next Monday because there will be a new challenge and another Challenge participation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The burlap and doily are such a great backdrop for the pretty butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog.We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. My camera does exactly the same thing with blues snd purples and I can also never get burlap to fringe in a straight line either. Perfect card though fir my challenge. Thankyou for coming and spinning the wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely understand your photography issue! In spite of it all, I really like the look of the rustic burlap together with the lacy doily and elegant butterfly. Thank you for playing along at the Double Dare Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another BEAUTIFUL creation Janis! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Butterflies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean about having trouble with the way colors turn out sometimes in photos. I found that the light in the room really changes how it looks and always have to tweak my photo a little bit when I photograph at night. This is such a pretty card though, and I think the colors are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The wonky burlap looks fine and love the beautiful butterfly.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such an amazing card! Thank you for entering our challenge this month.
    Creative hugs
    Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I TOTALLY understand the photography issue... happens to me frequently and light blue is one of the most difficult colours to get the right shade (just a hint - photographing outside on an overcast day can help.) Love the frayed burlap and the butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare and would love to see you come back for more challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh taht cat is so pretty!
    you made so very nice card.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card! I love how you used the burlap and frayed the edges. How fun is that butterfly. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous. Love your colour choices and great layout.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think these colors are plenty close to the challenge combo, especially if you squint one eye and stand on the opposite leg. LOVE the frayed burlap and it adds beautiful texture that contrast with the lacy doily. This is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis