I am here with a Bible bookmark I made for hubby as part of his Father's Day gift. I used a nifty Elizabeth Craft tag die set for the bookmark. It is so cool because you can make the tag any length and almost any width by cutting down the edges. The set includes a die for the scalloped top of the tag and variations you can use for the bottom. LOVE! You'll have to follow the link to see all the fun things that are included!
I stamped and heat embossed a scripture verse and then masked it before stamping the wood grain pattern. I removed the mask and heat embossed tone on tone with Versamark ink and clear powder. I edged my bookmark with Versamark ink and heat embossed the edges in gold. LOVE!!!
I heat embossed the decorative perforations at the bottom of the tag by outlining the openings with an embossing pen and using the same gold powder. Reinforcements were cut from a scrap of DCWV Mercury Glass stack. A bit of ribbon from my crafty pal, Karen Ladd, finished it up. (Thanks, Karen!!) I used my heat gun to slightly sear the ribbon ends to keep them from fraying.
I wrote a Happy Father's Day greeting on the back of the bookmark and was going to leave it at that....but in the end decided to use repositionable adhesive to attach it to a simple tall format card and still be easily removeable.
Products used include:
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Tags & More 7 - Vine die set
Clear Dollar Stamps - Psalm 37:3-5 (discontinued)
Recollections - Woodgrain stamp (discontinued)
Versafine Ink in Onyx Black
Clear embossing powder
Ranger - Embossing Powder
DCWV Scrap for card background
DCWV Scrap of Mercury Glass stack in gold for tag reinforcement
Grosgrain ribbon from stash
WOW! Embossing Pen - Clear
Scrapbook Adhesives - EZ Dots Repositionable
Hope you like my Father's Day project for hubby. Thank you for stopping by today!!!
Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Power Poppy June Challenge - Let's Go Round and Round (I used rounded corners on the bookmark.)
2. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper June Challenge
3. Creative Fingers Challenge #147 - AG
4. The Craft Blog June Challenge - Masculine Card
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper June Challenge
6. Three Amigos Challenge #15 - Use Machine Die Cutting
7. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #338 and #339 - Anything Goes
8. HeARTful Stamping Challenge June 17-24 - AG + a Stamp
9. DL.ART June Linky Party
10. Crop Stop June Linky Party #40 - AG using products from companies CS carries
(I used Distress Ink, Core'dinations cardstock, Elizabeth Craft Designs dies, Tsukineko Versafine and Versamark inks, WOW! Embossing Pen, and Ranger embossing powder)
11. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #52
12. The House that Stamps Built J1318 Tic Tac Toe - I used Tone on Tone, Masculine, and Ribbon
13. All Sorts - Use at Least 2 Dies (I used 3 on the bookmark)
14. Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything But a Card
15. Diecuttin Divas Challenge #373 - Masculine or Father's Day
16. ARTastic June Challenge - Country (The wood grain background I used reminds me of the rustic barn.)