Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Your Kindness Card with White Embossing


Hi, Friends......

I am here to share with you another heat embossed card.  This one has very simple messy watercoloring for almost an impressionistic look. It's an autumn scene and you might think I am jumping the gun with it, but let me tell you it is STILL chilly here in Idaho.
(If everything weren't so leafed out and green, I would think it was already autumn. The air truly has thaaaaaaat kind of nip to it. I don't know if it ever hit 70 yesterday, although it was bright sunny all day, and it was in the 40s last night!! Brrrr.)
 
This card was inspired by several challenges: 


1. The June Winnie & Walter Rerun Challenge. I don't own the rerun set (Scenery: Into the Woods) but I was inspired by Shay's lovely card HERE with the white embossed wood grain. I rarely use my white embossing powder for anything besides sentiments or snowflakes so I wanted to give something new a try. I even stayed with a woodsy/tree theme! :)

2. The current Double Trouble Challenge which is a Double Dare Color Challenge along with Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge.  Even though these are more summery colors, the Sorbet color reminded me of red autumn leaves and the rosy tint of the autumn sky, so I gave this out-of-season theme a go.  I did not do the optional Thing 2 Twist of String Things this time.
(I'm still not sure what they thought of my frayed burlap for the String Twist from one of my other entries, but I thought it was clever! lol....)



Double Trouble Challenge #3
 

3. As You Like It Challenge - Fave Type of Embossing and Why. As I mentioned before, I honestly can't decide which I like better....but one of my favorite things to do when watercoloring is to heat emboss my image for raised outlines. They help to keep me in the lines, so that's what I did here. (Not that I stayed in the lines on this card, but I DID do the heat embossing! Ha.)

 

I wasn't sure if my white embossing would work very well with the challenge colors. The Glacier color is rather pale and I feared it might not give enough contrast with the white embossed sentiment. So while I had my stamps set up on my MISTI, I stamped a second panel to be embossed with dark brown powder. 

Which do you like better???? I am leaning toward the white one. It's a different look for me and I think it is pretty, although the dark one looks more autumny.


Products used include:
Winnie & Walter - Kindness with Evelin T Designs stamp set
Versamark ink
WOW! Embossing Powder - Opaque Bright White Regular
Stampendous - Clear Embossing Powder in Clear Bark
Distress Inks in Ground Espresso, Tumbled Glass, and Abandoned Coral
Canson - Mixed Media Paper Spiral Bound Notebook
Core'dinations Cardstock for card base

I hope you enjoyed seeing me try out white embossing on a watercolored image. It was fun and I think I will have to remember to do this again soon! Thank you so much for stopping in today!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Winnie & Walter Rerun #31 - Scenery: Into the Woods
2. Color my Heart Color Dare #297 - Nutmeg, Glacier, and Sorbet
3. Double Trouble Challenge #3 - I am participating in Thing 1 (color challenge) and Thing 2 (Color My Heart)
4. As You Like It Challenge - Fave Type of Embossing and Why
5. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #340-341 - Anything Goes
6. DL.ART June Linky Party
7. DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge #230 - Wedding or Thank You
8. Power Poppy June Challenge - Let's Go Round and Round (I used a tree with a round crown.)
9. TCP Tuesday Challenge #347 - Outdoors
10.TIME OUT Challenge #112 - WARM (I love warm autumn days with crispy leaves...but right now I would be content with a warm enough summer for my zucchini seeds to sprout!!!)
11. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
12. The House That Stamps Built - J2718 Anything Goes
13. ARTastic June Challenge - Country (I was inspired by the rounded crowns on the trees and the blue sky.)

    


 
  

18 comments:

  1. They are both beautiful. I do agree that the second one is more fallish. But the embossing looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining in with us at ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two Lovely cards. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both of them but agree that the second would be perfect for Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Janis. If I had to choose a favourite, I think it would be the first one. I love the soft, subtle colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Janis! What a change from the frayed burlap card... I definitely prefer the first of the two cards but each is unique in its own way. They both remind me somewhat of a Monet painting, especially the lower half. I love the colour mix in the first card - it's subtle but very pretty. Thanks for joining us once again at Colour Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your two cards are all so beautiful, Janis ! I love love the messy or impressionistic look you've created. The tree stamp is very pretty and your color palette is just charming !
    I could feel chilly autumn by looking at yours.
    Great watercoloring and beautiful inspirations.

    Thanks you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    Marge

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the water colored backgrounds; so pretty! I think my favorite is the one with the white embossing; it has a much softer feel. Here's sending you some warmer weather; it's supposed to be in the 90s the next couple of days here. Thanks for playing with the House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The embossing looks great and the water coloring is soft and pretty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both cards are so sweet! I am in Arizona and it's been in the triple digits... wish I could send some your way. Thank you for joining in the challenge fun at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both beautiful and are perfect for our challenge. I think I prefer the white embossed one just a bit more. It has more of a dreamy feel. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. those cards are gorgeous!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both of these are absolutely gorgeous! I slightly prefer the white embossing but both are equally fab! Love your backgrounds too. I would love to have your cooler weather - we are in the midst of a rare heatwave here in Britain and I am too hot! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both of your cards are really cool and it is neat to see how just a subtle change can create such a different effect. I love them both. Thank you for joining us again with Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! Reminds me of a verry warm day! Thank you for joining us at TIME OU again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea to stamp this in two versions Janis! Now you have one that would work for autumn, and one that works for spring or summer. The colors may not be summery or springy but the pale version is subtle enough to work for any time of year. I vote for the white embossed one but they are both beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis