Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Joy - June Rudolph Days and Double Trouble Color Challenge



Hi, Friends.....

I am here with my June entry into Scrappy Mo's Rudolph Days Challenge.  Finally.......I've been able to enjoy a full month of cardmaking and blogging so Mo's wonderful challenge isn't the only thing that has made me break away and get into my craftroom!  It has felt good to be active in here again.  Not sure how long that will last, though, because summer activities pull me away as the weather gets warmer.  Right now it is unseasonably cool and my THIRD planting of zucchini has still not come up!!  (And that is with fresh seed!!)  :( 

Today, I am also entering both the Double Trouble Challenge and the Color My Heart Color Dare Challenge which have teamed up using the same colors for their challenges as a Double Dare kind of thing. So much fun!!!

 

For this Christmas card, I went very simple: no-stamping and non-traditional colors. It's always fun to see if I can make different color palettes work for Christmas. (I'm still having a challenge getting that "glacier" color to photograph true to real life and my die-cut cardinals are actually a tiny bit redder IRL, too. Sigh...)


I have tons (prob literally...ask my hubby!!) of patterned paper and rarely make a completely die-cut card with only solid cardstock. This one has a tiny bit of patterned cardstock for the cardinals, but otherwise it is all solids. I am unaccustomed to this look and it leaves me feeling like it still needs something. But it is good for me to try different looks, so here it is. The non-fussy look of the card makes it somewhat masculine, too.


Products used include:
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Audrey Cutaways die set (has scallops)
Winnie & Walter - Essentials: Katharine Cutaways die set
Winnie & Walter - In a Word: Joy Cutaway die
Memory Box - Cheery Cardinals die set
Baker's Twine that had been tied around a prize from ACreativeJourneyWithMelissa <3
Core'dinations and DCWV cardstock - solids and patterned (for the cardinals)

Thank you for stopping by today. I have one more idea I might try for this color challenge, even though photographing this particular combination is giving me fits! lol...   Have a great day!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Double Trouble Challenge #3 - I am participating in Thing 1 (color challenge), Thing 2 (Color My Heart), and Thing 3 (String Things with baker's twine) YAY!!
2. Color my Heart Color Dare #297 - Nutmeg, Glacier, and Sorbet
3. Power Poppy June Challenge - Let's Go Round and Round (I used a scalloped-edged die.)
4. Three Amigos Challenge #15 - Use Machine Die Cutting
5. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper June Challenge
6. The Craft Blog June Challenge - Masculine Card
7. Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge #391 - AG Christmas opt. Washi Tape
8. Rudolph Days at Scrappy Mo's June Challenge - Anything Goes Christmas
9. Christmas Cards All Year 'Round June Challenge - Non-traditional Colors
10. DL.ART June Linky Party

14 comments:

  1. I love seeing all your kitty pictures and stories, and this one has a lovely fur wrap. The shadowing of your letters almost appear that you did an eclipse card. The cardinals were my dad's and mom's favorite bird...they would have loved this card. Thanks again for sharing your project with us at DOUBLE TROUBLE and Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this design. In past years my zucchini has not grown--this year so far it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually Janis, this is an awesome masculine card, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly I had a chuckle at the cats. Your card is beautiful love the cardinals on the word. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
    Hugs
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very wonderful masculine card! Thanks for joining us at CCAYR! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo what a great take on the colour combination, I love it and thanks for joining us at June's Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round and we hope to see you again in July.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great masculine card, Janis! Your letters give great dimension to the card. Thank you for joining in the challenge fun at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card does have a lovely masculine feel and looks great. You did a really good job with that challenge. That was a hard one!

    Thanks for taking part in the June Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The additions of the birds make your card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Hazel Nut's Christmas Card Weekly Challenge - Myrna DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love that huge Joy die cut! I'll have to look at that one again for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How ironic that you have trouble making cards with only solid card stock, because I have the opposite problem. I need to force myself to use some of that patterned paper that I hoard (um, I mean own). Love the bold die cut sentiment and the tiny coral birds. This color combo is a challenging one for a Christmas card but you aced the non-traditional combo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, and I have to mention that hilarious cat meme..oh my goodness! Don't know whether to be awed or appalled at the boldness of that cat-fur thief..haha!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis