Sunday, June 24, 2018

Violet and Gold Butterfly Card


Hi, Friends....

I am here with a pretty card featuring gleaming gold heat embossing. I LOVE both kinds of embossing and use them each a lot.....even both together sometimes! I still remember the thrill of seeing the powder magically melt into a gorgeous embossed design for the first time. I was hooked and am still enchanted.

On this card, I heat embossed the butterflies onto vellum so they would blend better with the fabulous patterned paper scrap that has gold foiling. It reminds me of an elegant cloisonne vase. I lifted the wings a little for dimension and made this into a tall format card to give the butterflies some room to fly around.


Products used include:
Rubber Stampede - Victorian Butterflies stamp set (this is an ancient foam-mount set, but still one of my favorites for fabulous butterfly images)
Versamark ink
Ranger - Embossing Powder in super-fine gold
Core'dinations vellum
M&C Boutique - Large Circle Frame die set
Dare 2B Artzy - Prayers 4 You stamp set
Versafine ink in Imperial Purple
Doodlebug - Mini Doilies
Prima flowers
Quick Quotes - Gold Brads
May Arts - Vine Ribbon

Hope you liked this richly colored card. I really love how it turned out. Have a great week!!!

<3
Janis


Thank you for the honor of entering this card in the following challenges:
1. Die Cuttin Divas Challenge #374 - Embossing, Heat or Dry
2. Power Poppy June Challenge - Let's Go Round and Round
3. Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Bright and Cheerful
4. CARDZ-TV Anything Goes Challenge #53
5. Die-Cut Divas June Challenge - Animals or Pets
6. Three Amigos Challenge #15 - Use Machine Die Cutting
7. Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper June Challenge

8. Word Art Wednesday Weeks #340-341 - Anything Goes
9. As You Like It Challenge - Fave Type of Embossing and Why

10. TCP Tuesday Challenge #347 - Outdoors
11. HeARTful Stamping Challenge (Jun 24 – Jul 1) - Anything Goes + a Stamp 

12. Butterfly Challenge #102 - Letter V (I used Butterflies + Violet + Vine Leaves)


13. Double D Challenge - Butterflies
 


13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous and love that tiny sweet doily! Love that you came back to play again at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created, I too love the 'magic' of heat embossing!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Janis, this is gorgeous! Love the gold with these colours, there is something very elegant about heat embossed vellum. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's gorgeous. I'd love to see a gold butterfly in my garden! :)

    Thank you for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!
    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I like the embossed butterflies on vellum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Definitely has a cloisonne look to it, and love the tall card. It was when someone showed me heat embossing that I got hooked on stamping. The rest is history! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Pretty! Your butterfly looks lovely! Thanks for joining us over at Die Cuttin' Divas this week! Have a Great Day!

    Theresa (DCD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have feasted my eyes on this several times now and I'm still in raptures over it. Your colours are gorgeous and I love the design which is indeed just like the vases. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous colors and that embossing is perfect! Thanks for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your golden butterfly card, really looks like its flying in a garden of flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card, I love all that gold. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Butterfly Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll bet this is even more beautiful in person, Janis. The gold catches the light and looks amazing on vellum. Your doily and flowers echo the colors in your patterned paper perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU so much for taking the time to leave a comment. Your kind words encourage me so very much!!!

Have a lovely day!
<3
Janis